Misappropriation of funds (Project for an Assembly Hall in Guadalajara)

by avaddohn94 49 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• KateWild
    KateWild

ILT,

Yes here in Britain the Circuit has their own funds, many different circuits use the circuit assemblt halls and they have seperate funds. During a CA or SA the finance report gets read out and they say how much is in the circuit account, how much the bills for the assembly come to, how many are in attendance, and they finish with we will leave that with you brothers, to make up any difference.

Some circuits have surplus. Thanks for the translation ILT, love Kate xx

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

Hmmm... so in the best case scenario, the money that was "earmarked" for the assembly hall construction will go to the circuit account, and never back to the families/people who donated in case they don't want their money used that way.

When I read Hildebrando's post my heart sank...

These brothers and sisters are VERY poor... Some of them would be lucky to make more than 500 dollars a month... and Hildebrando's blog says that some of the brothers and sisters donated their yearly bonuses or they made extraordinary efforts to provide for this proyect... and nothing has come of it!!

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Looks like the Governing Body is gearing up to internationally fleece the flock to pay off all those multi million $$$ childmolestation lawsuits waiting in the wings and in apeal.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/16/calif-jury-awards-28m-in-_n_1602997.html

Candace Conti Awarded $28M In Jehovah's Witness Sex Abuse Case

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ELBt4mA7sI

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

These scams makes me think that thier are others involved not just the stupid brainwashed gb. Some one else is pulling the strings and putting money in thier pockets, a group of jw attorneys I don't know, but this is big. Also the fact that more contributions are now being asked for by the gb makes me think that others are figuring out thier broke or these guys are putting the pedal to the metal knowing they may have only a limited amount of time before the gig is up.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

What saddens me the most is that it's from people who can least afford to give the money. WT IF YOU READ THIS!!!! And I hope you do. Doing dumb ass stuff like this is certainly not doing you any favors.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Oh just read above. So it may not be as big of a scam as I thought if Wt has offered to return the money to the circuits. But it was still bloody cheeky to let it go on for so long with out ever saying anything.

• avaddohn94
    avaddohn94

Regarding the "fondo guardado", I'm not sure how it works at a circuit level but at least at a congregation level, whenever you hear "fondo guardado" it means excess money the congregations send to the branch so that it keeps it for them. In other words, it is placed in deposit with the branch office and you can withdraw from that fund if you ever need cash (don't ever expect any interest). Now, if that expression in Spanish means it will be send back to the Circuit Fund, I still think it is a misappropriation of funds because those brothers who sent their donations with the express purpose of building an assembly hall will never see their money being used accordingly. Besides, if it is returned to the circuit fund, I think most of us know who are the ones who will actually benefit from that money (repairs at the CO's apartment, new laptop or new IPad for the CO, expensive restaurants to take the Bethel speaker or some other big shots from the branch that pay a visit etc). Either way, the poor friends lose and "mother" wins...

• jimbojones
    jimbojones

This does not surprise me. I am currently fading in a country that is under control of the Mexico branch. My opinion, this project probably would have gone ahead if Mexico did not take over all of Central America, which happened 4 years ago.

Side note. I could not believe the ineptitude of the Mexico RBC when we built our KH in our locale. Food was only provided for RBC witnesses. Local brothers had to bring thier own food or watch the RBCers pig out. Was shocked to see the elders of our cong dig in and eat, while the poor local brothers were salivating. In Latino countries, it's all about nepotism and machismo.

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

avaddohn... if you are right on the first definition, then yes... it would be like saying "the branch will keep it in trust"... the money's gone...

so sad...

• Enlightenment123
    Enlightenment123

KateWild: It's really funny that you said they have skinned the sheep alive. There's a subliminal message in the November 2012 Watchtower. Some of their lovely artwork. It shows a shepherd (elder) shearing (skinning) a sheep alive. You can tell what the message implies because of the picture...a skinning knife, the way he's pulling the wool away down to the skin... that's not how a sheep is really sheared. On the next page it shows a knife in Bible times. Clearly not the same type. The message on the subconcious level says to the witnesses: We have the power and if you screw up, we WILL skin you alive. I've been watching some videos done by ex JWs on the subliminal messages and embedded images in the WT pubs. It's scary!! They have a video for the WT June 2014. Very, very demonic. If you google MikeKim subliminal, you'll find their series. The 6/14 WT one is the subliminal images 2.5 video.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit