If Jealousy is a sin, why is God a jealous God?

by jam 24 Replies latest watchtower medical

• jam
    jam

Ok, the wife and I out for dinner. A guy pulls up a chair at

our table and start sweet talking to my wife. Now I might think

this guy is nuts or he looking to commit suicide.

So should I turn the other cheek (too much pride), or

show sinful jealousy and break the wine bottle over his

head??? If I reacted like God, the wine bottle and jail.....

• prologos
    prologos

Jam: An olympic gold medal winner got himself into a JAM about a situation like that and was murdered in the fall-out.

jealousie is a gut feeling. what to do about is a question of control'

controlled jealousie? duells about tri-angles.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

God's jealousy issues stem from a human consciousness projection of their own feeling onto their Imaginary God's feelings and man back in those days were dominated with those feelings and they transposed them onto God's feelings which were really primitive man's feelings or thoughts. Back in the day when the gods caused thunder.

• What is Truth?
    What is Truth?

Ah Nice Frankiespeakin.

So the way I see it the writers were basically so jealous of the peoples around them with their flourishing civilizations and powerful patron deities. The writers decided to construct their own jealous God that would only fight for them setting them up to rule over all others. Thus making him out to be the biggest, baddest guy up there, yet lacking much in the way of imagination they went ripping off epic tales and songs about other gods.

Peace, and let that jealousy motivate you to great works on behalf of your fellow man, where you can then enjoy all that pride you justly earned.

WIT?

• Strangelove
    Strangelove

Well, revenge is a concept reserved only to God (According to the doctrine)

Same thing can be applied to violence. We may not be able to kill others, but God(Or Jehovah mind you) can. Because... Well, because he's god I guess.

---

That's actually one of my biggest issues with morality. We are supposed to be appreciative for "God" creating us and the universe, and that we have to just want to serve him because of that. I'm sorry, but I can't operate that way. It's an artificial way of removing free will. Tricking yourself into believing it's okay. Because God said so. Why is Jelousy, Homosexuality, Blood Transfusions etc. Wrong? Because God said it is, and he made everything, so you have to listen, or should want to listen.

---

That's not a good enough answer for me, and one of the zillion reasons I left in the first place. As someone cool once said, "Such a god does not deserve my worship."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit