If Jealousy is a sin, why is God a jealous God?

by jam 24 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I thought sinful jealousy is like "man your 13 year old girl is way better looking then the one I got, I'm so jealous'.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

It depends on what you are jealous for, the context.

For eg, if one woman is jealous of another womans outfit it's totally a compliment.

W1 " I just love your new outfit, I am soooo jealous, I hate you".

W2 "Oh thanks, your soooo sweet for saying so".

See what I mean jealousy can be a good thing.

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

There you go thinkin' again JAM.....you're gonna' think yourself right out of the truth if you're not careful.

• jam
    jam

I know exwhyzee, to much thinking can be dangerous. LOL

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Well if your on God's side and love him with your whole soul then anything God does is good no matter how many people he kills in a fit of jealous rage it is all good and proper because those who love God with their entire being don't question or accuse God of anything bad because they don't want to upset him and loose their life or suffer the fires of hell. So when God kills people because of jealousy it is all good in the eyes of God's yesmen.

• snowbird
  • frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Because jealousy is only a sin for the other guys like Satan and people, and nations but when God has jealousy it is not a sin but another one of his virtues. So it is a sin for every one else but for God it is a virtue based on his power to destroy things or hurt you if you don't agree that everything he does is out of goodness and love.

• BU2B
    BU2B

Because Jehovah works under the principle of "do as I say not as I do" He says jealousy is a sin, yet he is a jealous god. He says to hate violence, yet he is the biggest purveyor of violence in literature.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Also, remember that Jehovah hates child sacrifice, the idea 'never came up into his heart'...yet he sacrificed his own child.

• cha ching
    cha ching

Haha SparrowDown...

I am 'so jealous' of your wit!

We must go shopping sometime!

cha ching!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit