What it means to be a canadian.

by Truthseeker677 57 Replies latest jw friends

• Truthseeker677
    Truthseeker677

Sounds like a swishing sound they say.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Oh, yes. The Canadian dollars for kids b/c merchants won't accept them. I was so proud of mine. The Jfk dollar, half dollar?, the currency no one uses, is still in my jewelry box after decades. When I was older, I was angry when a merchant cheated me out of change with the canadian dollar.

May I ask what Canada has ever done that Canadians must apologize. When I was in Europe, I wanted to buy my own maple leaf flag to attach to my backpack.

Americans should know more about Canada. We should start with our own country, though, before branching out.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Truthseeker677 - "The aboriginal people in Northern Canada swear they can hear the Northern lights."

So can those of us of European ancestry (makes a crackly sound; very cool).

Band on the Run - "Americans should know more about Canada."

http://www.amazon.ca/The-U-S-EH-Secretly-Controls/dp/0811863700 (very funny book)

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I will always remember how Canada sheltered our diplomats in Iran. They were turned away by France and England. There is no way that group would have survived without the help and deceit.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Well, BOTR, there was that war way back in 1812 that we fought against the Americans, and we won. We're really sorry about that.

There are some hockey games and some Baseball games that we beat you Americans at, but we're not apologizing for those.

• Woody22
    Woody22

I am Canadian and love my country. sad we just lost our former finance minister Jim Flaherty

who brought us through the latest recession with flying colors.

• Truthseeker677
    Truthseeker677

Sad that we lost our former finance minister Jim Flaherty. You know some some of the Liberals like Paul Martin a former finance minister come to mind helped to secure our banking sector and saved us from the ravages of the last recession.

• ballistic
    ballistic

Would like to see more of Canada then just down town Toronto, and Niagra Falls, it's a big place to visit though so might take a while before I get there again..

• Truthseeker677
    Truthseeker677

You could spend a lifetime here and not see everything worth seeing. I remember well the diplomats that we saved in Iran. Deceit is just a tool when your dealing with pigs.

• ballistic
    ballistic

I also went up the tower, which was nice.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit