What it means to be a canadian.

by Truthseeker677 57 Replies latest jw friends

• Viviane
    Viviane

Poutine is tasty when made correctly.

• Truthseeker677
    Truthseeker677

Viviane I don't think Ive ever had poutine. My heart is probably a lot healthier because of this. Lol

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Tiktaalik - "Every Canadian I have ever met has been tremendous."

Not all of us are plus-size.

Just the ones who love poutine (which is really yummy, BTW - try it sometime).

Tiktaalik - "Although I have noticed that if you drive slowly in a blizzard Canadians do tend to get a little bit impatient."

It's all good; we have hockey - the outlet that makes Canadian niceness possible.

• jgnat
  • Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I am proud to be an American, especially since terrorists are repeatedly trying to terrorize me. There are American things that can be improved. This is not

God's country. It is better than most countries. People immigrated here from all over the world. They still do. We do appear to have wackier fundamentalism compared to most Western democracies.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Band on the Run - "We do appear to have wackier fundamentalism compared to most Western democracies."

That's the trade-off you get when "freedom of religion" is ingrained in a country's establishment, I suppose.

Not to worry; fundamentalism is like a flare; it burns hot and bright, but - by it's very nature - cannot last indefinately.

• crmsicl
    crmsicl

My mom was born in Canada, came to US with her parents when she was 3. She was always reticent when talking about that background. She wasn't sure who to be loyal to.

My grandmother always gave me a Canadian dollar for my birthday. She was so sweet.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

But, what does it mean to be Canadian?

We listen and respect our Beavers up here.

We can recite the 26 varieties of donuts that are in a Tim Hortons.

We know what/who Tim Horton was/is.

We take our beer drinking seriously

We pay a lot of taxes, and we hate talking about that one.

• Simon Morley
    Simon Morley

1) Universal healthcare - works, takes care of the acutely sick

2) Don't have to be a global cop, but we live next door to the police station

3) Canada is a cultural mosaic vs. US cultural melting pot

4) Can have all the centres we like, with as many colours as we want, while we labour with delight

5) Thanksgiving nice placed between Labour Day and Xmas

• Truthseeker677
    Truthseeker677

If you ever saw a great display of the Northern lights. Bright enough that you could read a newspaper by you all would be awe struck. The aboriginal people in Northern Canada swear they can hear the Northern lights.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit