Gerritt Loesch life story .... Total hypocrisy

by Skinnedsheep 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Skinnedsheep
    Skinnedsheep

As written in the July 15 2014 wt

What Gerrit used to believe and teach...

“The Roman Catholic teaching of apostolic succession claims that there is an unbroken succession of popes in a line extending all the way back to the apostle Peter. (The church misinterprets Jesus’ words that are quoted at Matthew 16:18, 19.) Catholicism also claims that the pope is infallible in matters of doctrine when he speaks ex cathedra, or in an official capacity. I believed this and thought that if the pope, whom Catholics call Holy Father, is infallible in doctrinal matters and has proclaimed the Trinity to be true, then it must be true. But if he is not infallible, then the doctrine may be false. No wonder that for many Catholics the teaching of apostolic succession is the most important teaching, since the correctness or incorrectness of other Catholic teachings hinges on it!”

Edited to reflect what Gerritt now believes and teaches...aka the "new fds" understanding. Bold are the only changes... Note that apostolic succession has been replaced with fds and catholiscm has been replaced with org, and pope is replaced with GB ...

“The Witness teaching of the Faithful and Discrete Slave succession claims that there is an unbroken succession of Governing Body members in a line extending all the way back to Judge Rutherford (The Organization misinterprets Jesus’ words that are quoted at Matthew 16:18, 19.) the Organization also claims that the Faithful and Discrete Slave is infallible in matters of doctrine when they speaks ex cathedra, or in an official capacity. I believed this and thought that if the Governing Body, whom Witnesses call the Faithful and Discrete Slave is infallible in doctrinal matters and has proclaimed 1914 to be true, then it must be true. But if they are not infallible, then the doctrine may be false. No wonder that for many Witnesses the teaching of Faithful and Discrete Slave is the most important teaching, since the correctness or incorrectness of other Witness teachings hinges on it!”

• kneehighmiah
    kneehighmiah

I swear they are trolling us. I'm fully convinced they are. So he goes from admiring the pope, to being the pope. He worked his way up through the ranks and now speaks for God.

• trujw
    trujw

How about this part

When I visited the priest, he could not answer my questions, but he pulled from his shelf a book on Catholic doctrine that dealt with apostolic succession. I took it home, as he suggested, read it, and returned with more questions. Finally the priest, not being able to answer my questions, said: “I cannot convince you, and you cannot convince me. . . . I wish you the best!” He did not want to have any more discussions with me.

Didnt the same magazine say to do the exact same thing To those that ask too many questions about them. All I can say is wow.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Its amazing this hasnt woke up more JW's, they used to go off on the catholics all the time about this and now they do it themselves. I'll be sure and save that WT.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Skinnedsheep, excellent rewrite!

Once you wake up to TTATT, the hypocritical double-standards of the WTBTS is so obvious. It's like one of those optical illusions: once you see it for what it is, you can never "unsee" it.

Lurkers, are you listening!!!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Skinnedsheep - Spot on.

The more you look is the more you see the watchtower(R) is just a business posing as a religion.

This is a man that protects paedophiles and as such he is filth.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Very good! Is it July 2013? I want to print that one out.

• hoser
    hoser

the exposure given to the members of the governing body lately sure reeks of creature worship

• bjc2read
    bjc2read

SkinnedSheep,

Excellent analogy. Super-duper great post, very scholarly!

Short and to-the-point!

In my opinion, absolutely brilliant!

Any "thinking" JW should read this, and has any nagging doubts about JW 1914 Teaching [like "overlapping" generation(s) and all], he/she is finished, no question.

Your written presentation shows concisely, in a nutshell, in capsule form, just how foolish the entire JW belief system of close to 8 million believers, is critically flawed, as it is predicated upon the false date of 1914, which empowers the wicked GB arrangement. All it takes is just a little bit of thought, that's all, to figure it out.

And yet, these people [JWs] spend most of their door-to-door "ministry" time, going around and condeming the Catholic Church, for what they are doing, repeatedly.

Wow, that short review of yours, of the upcoming GB member's life story in the July 15th, 2014 issue, shows it all. This critical analysis of yours, of just one paragraph, vividly shows "critical-thinking" skills are greatly lacking among Jdubs. With that paragraph, they are "shooting themselves in the foot," like "Barney" almost does on Andy Griffith Show LOL).

No wonder all JWs are expressly told to STAY AWAY from college and other higher education institutions! Its clear.

Thanks again,

bjc

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

they used to go off on the catholics all the time about this and now they do it themselves.

---

Here's another example of the kettle calling the pot black when the WT blasted the Catholic Church for changing doctrines using "new light" as an excuse:

*** g70 4/22 8-10 Changes That Disturb People ***
    Changes That Disturb People

THE churches are in rapid decline. Even in the United States, where religion still enjoys perhaps the greatest popularity, nearly three out of four persons polled said that it is losing influence. Why is there this decline in religion?
    One of the reasons is that people are disturbed by what is happening in their churches. Yes, millions of persons have been shocked to learn that things they were taught as being vital for salvation are now considered by their church to be wrong. Have you, too, felt discouragement, or even despair, because of what is happening in your church? A businessman in Medellín, Colombia, expressed the effect the changes have had on many.
    "Tell me," he asked, "how can I have confidence in anything? How can I believe in the Bible, in God, or have faith? Just ten years ago we Catholics had the absolute truth, we put all our faith in this. Now the pope and our priests are telling us this is not the way to believe any more, but we are to believe ‘new things.’ How do I know the ‘new things’ will be the truth in five years?"
    What are some of these changes that disturb people?

. . .What Becomes Evident

The inability of the Church to explain its position Scripturally makes evident an important fact: The Catholic Church has not based its teachings upon what God’s Word says. Rather, it has founded many of its beliefs and practices on the unstable traditions of men.

This is obviously true with regard to Friday meat abstinence. For, look as you may, nowhere in the Bible will you find that Christians were ever instructed to refrain from eating meat on any Friday of the year, or on any other day. It is not a requirement of God. In fact, the Catholic edition of the Revised Standard Version Bible says that enjoining or commanding "abstinence from foods which God created to be received with thanksgiving" is an evidence of a departure from the faith. — 1 Tim. 4:1-4.
    Thus, many truth-seekers are having their eyes opened to see that the Catholic Church has not been holding strictly to God’s Word. And they are wondering whether any religion that does not do so is worthy of their confidence and support.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit