Does anyone know what a tidal bore is

by Truthseeker677 41 Replies latest social relationships

• prologos
    prologos

and the Moncton bore is the same colour as the first of your great pictures, jgnat thanks.

if now only the americans could retaliate with the Sequoias---. and thanks for

The 'standing wave' reference twitch

• prologos
    prologos

a standing wave that originated from the constant gravity of the moon reaching down to the earth. A standing wave that retains the rotaion pattern of the ocean wave, fast on top and retrograde at the bottom.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

A public talk given at the seaside by a GB member???

• Woody22
    Woody22

jgnat I live close enough to the mighty Niagara Falls that at night if our windows are opened we can hear

the mighty roar of the falls. it is beautiful

• Truthseeker677
    Truthseeker677

Woody there is a great satisfaction knowing when you lay down at night that I havent hurt anybody that didn't need to be hurt. I love Niagra falls.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Tidal bore

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia A bore in Morecambe Bay, the United Kingdom. The tidal bore in Upper Cook Inlet, Alaska

A tidal bore (or simply bore in context, or also aegir, eagre, or eygre) is a tidal phenomenon in which the leading edge of the incoming tide forms a wave (or waves) of water that travels up a river or narrow bay against the direction of the river or bay's current.

• prologos
    prologos

stuckinarut 2: what do you mean? GB member giving talk at seaside? they are not boring? and

Jesus was never a member of the Governing Body? he gave talks at seaside though? sea of galilee. also

walked on water there too, last Awake picture of that looked more like surfing, may be it

was standing waves, real hard ones to walk on.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Total bore and an irritating one at that.

• Truthseeker677
    Truthseeker677

lol Finklstein.

• Truthseeker677
    Truthseeker677

There are a lot of Canadians that don't know where the St Laurance seaway is. It's a big part of global commerce.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit