A MESSAGE to the Governing Body and others like them through human history

by Terry 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• snowbird
    snowbird

What about the division over the id of the "man" who oversowed the field with weeds?

I remember thinking, what in the world is happening?

• John_Mann
    John_Mann

Yes, bitter but true.

The GB knows the TTATT because they are the only ones who can freely discuss (and alter) doctrines.

If they believed in doctrines why they change them? You only change something when the present thing it's not desired.

• Terry
    Terry

What I'd like to make clear is this. I don't care how self-deceived a tyrant is. If ignorant cruelty stings less harshly than deliberate tyranny

I'd be surprised to hear of it.

Bitterness is a natural, honest and predictable reaction as the EFFECT of something CAUSED, just as the tears of a rape victim are the effect

of the rapist who caused those tears.

We live in a "you break you buy it" world and I'm presenting the bill to those who did the breaking.

What you reward you get more of, what you decry you get less of.

Somebody's voice is better than nobody's voice.

While some of us sit all smug and forgiving at the misfortune of others because it is seen to be virtuous to purr when beaten, I disagree and say so.

To sit there and say the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses may be "just as deceived and bound" as the rank and file--well, it flabbergasts me!

Judge Rutherford knowingly, cunningly and deliberately twisted the historical and universally accepted meaning of Romans 13: 1,2 into a mockery.

Why did he do it? Because he was inventing his own name-brand religion and he needed billboard advertisements of a New and Improved version of what a True Christain was under his regime.

He twisted Romans 13 so he could advise the Bible Students in Germany toward self-martyrdom. He knew what he was doing advising them to defy Nazi laws against public preaching and dissemination of information. Rutherford's own writings were what was being disseminated! Those suffering in Nazi prison camps were there because RUTHERFORD sent them there with viciously destructive admonition while calling it Jehovah's Truth.

The families who read the Governing Body's distortions about Blood stand beside their own dying children deliberately made a party to the death of their own flesh and blood! They'd NEVER have done so had they stuck with their own Bible and prayerful reflection. No--they got it from the murderous minds of JW leaders. I say HOLD THEM ACCOUNTABLE--don't let them off as self-deceived leaders just as confused as the others.

It may sound harsh, nasty and irreverent to say aloud what needs to be said. I'll grant you it does--and it should!

But, that's why we have lids on our eyes and fingers to stick in our ears---we either face facts or we ignore them.

I say to anybody who wants to silence me: what have you suffered under the Governing Body that is so insignificant that you let them off the hook?

There are millions of damaged, confused, hurting, depressed people DIRECTLY VICTIMIZED by mind rape by the actions of others.

How can you sleep at night and not shout it aloud??

When I'm ready to leave all that behind me it will be because somebody at the local funeral parlor closed a casket lid--and not because "there are some tender hearts that ache" for the Governing Body. Antarctica is warmer than the hearts of those insidious bastards!

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

TELL IT, TERRY!!! i appreciate you writing how i feel. It really helps a lot. I've been traveling for so long trying to find my way out of the soft gauzy fog of appeasers and mild-mannered sweet accept counsel sheeple in denial.

Marina

• John_Mann
    John_Mann

People in high position cannot plead ignorance.

If you are in a leader position is your duty know all about your responsabilities.

If your decisions (can) make a direct damage to another people, you're responsible for that.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

I'm reminded of the "comfort" email that a sister wrote to me when I was complaining about how we had been treated by elders, and how i could not imagine inviting anyone to this organization ever again. "When I go in field service I'm happy, and when I study my WT I'm happy."

Well as long as YOU are happy, that's all that matters, right? Don't worry about children being abused with the org's full knowledge - just keep reading your WT and enjoying meals paid for by cash-strapped cult victims after your husband gets up and delivers his condescending orations.

Bitter much? You better believe it.

Marina

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

I'm with Terry 100 percent on this. Well said! And fuck that other noise about tender hearts.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Terry - "If your mind is unable to function because you're an idealogue--you're not just wrong--you're dead wrong: brain dead wrong."

"Brain dead wrong"... that's awesome.

I've got to remember to use that sometime.

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear Terry...

you said, "While some of us sit all smug and forgiving at the misfortune of others because it is seen to be virtuous to purr when beaten, I disagree and say so. To sit there and say the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses may be "just as deceived and bound" as the rank and file--well, it flabbergasts me!"...

several things I'd like to address. Indeed the GB appear to be bound to J.Rutherfords personal "doctrine" and that is my point...he's died yet rules after the fact to the point of instilling fear of reprisals into grown men. I see many of you have your own opinion of the GB but the fact is Ray Franz knew that some had tender hearts.

Yes, Terry, you want people who injure others held accountable for their actions regardless of why they did it. Your convicting eye falls close to home with that uncharitable standard that you've set. The parent that made the decision to withhold life blood and instead held the lifeless body of their child...Beloved Grace, bringing her family and others into the religion...The elders here, the HLC members...ANYONE here that has made a wrong choice that's injured others as a JW must, in your economy, be held accountable. which begs the question, accountable to whom?...you see, in your muddled thinking there really ISN'T anyone who can HOLD these people (leaders or not) to account for their actions...no justice...no recompense. That's why, no doubt, you fully expect to be railing against the WTBTS until someone closes your casket. That is what no hope looks like...

I mentioned redeeming negative experiences. God can and will do that. He redeems past experiences so that you can minister to actual needs of people who are in need of empathy, understanding AND forgiveness. Nobody leaving the WTBTS needs to have their anger, vengeful hatred, guilt or helplessness stirred up. You portray a man without real hope to give. I look forward to and pray for the day when most if not all the people of JWN move quickly past your festering personal negative experience and reach out for healing...because like many have said before, this place is and can be like a hospital...it shouldn't be like a sanitarium where people find encouragement from others who have nursed their own bitterness for 30+ yrs. AND in so doing now, stir up "the misfortunes of others".

btw... I haven't said even once that people should purr when beaten nor have I said that bitterness isn't a consequence stemming from the hospitality of brooklyn.

love michelle

• myelaine
    myelaine

Jonh-Mann said if you are in a leader position your DUTY...

true but, these people also admit to gaining insight into the scriptures from some authority HIGHER than themselves. their DUTY is to THAT authority, not the r&f. (the fear of consequence of disobedience comes from the higher authority ultimately if you're unsure or convinced your peers aren't "with you") and I'm not saying that they can put that forward as their excuse like they've been doing, only that that kind of inability to act in the leadership role can be a result of heeding the WRONG higher authority. I know many of you don't put any stock in the existance of "spirit forces" that sway the thoughts of men but, those of us who DO, will...(because we're free to) acknowledge the reason for their course.

throwing away a piece or two of the puzzle doesn't produce a complete view of the picture...

love michelle

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit