Why cant I format and make paragraphs.

by James Brown 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jgnat
    jgnat

LOL Rub. You bad.

James Brown, you are losing me. Use the "Enter" also called "Return" button on your keyboard to start a new paragraph. If you keep writing on the same line it will eventually wrap around on its own. Now I push "Enter".

And a new paragraph appears. When I am ready to submit, I push "Submit" at the bottom of the box.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I don't understand because every single sentence on your last post is it's own paragraph. Where are you losing formatting? This site is behaving very much like Word in that it starts a new paragraph every time you push "Enter".

• jgnat
    jgnat

If you want to be a real geek you can look at the source coding of your text by pushing the HTML icon in your menu bar. This will show you the background coding.

<p>A paragraphed sentence will have this coding at the beginning and the end. </p>

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

.......No one can make paragraphs on JWN but me,it`s in my JWN Contract.

Nor is any one allowed to steal my jokes,pictures or topics.

I get four times more posts than anyone.

My screen must smell like freshly baked cinnamon buns and freshly brewed columbian coffee.

All my topics and posts must be answered with applause and admiration..Mostly admiration..

.......My JWN Contract also states,anyone answering my posts.

Must be at least 5ft 3inches in hieght,and speak both English and Canadian.

Anyone not following my personal rules can be fined $20.00 per violation.

I take credit cards,checks,cash,bit coins,or redemable cans and bottles.

.....................................................  photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• jgnat
    jgnat

For instance, here's the coding for your post above:

<p>I'm sorry I mean I hit the enter bar. That is what I have been doing all along. Still no paragraphs.</p>
    <p>I used to have paragraphs. But no more.</p>
    <p>I wonder if this started when I got a new Dell computer about a year ago?</p>
    <p>Would the brand of computer cause this?</p>
    <p> ;</p>
    <p>I just made a paragraph here. But if it is the brand of computer. Why can I type on word and it makes</p>
    <p>paragraphs that I can print out?</p>

So you are creating tons of paragraphs.

• James Brown
    James Brown

Rub a dub. That is possible, and understandable.

It would make it easier for the mods to spot me.

I think my act has been cleaned up for several years now.

But I never know. Most of the time I do a lot of thinking before I post.

And I don't drink when I post.

But I understand once bitten twice shy.

I appreciate being able to post here even with a limited diminished capacity.

Now I will just spend the rest of the afternoon trying to figure out if there is really

a double secret probation that last 2 years to infinity

or if you are just having fun with me.

Either way I love you all and have a great day.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Don't forget Canadian Tire money, Outlaw.

• Heaven
    Heaven

James, your formatting looks ok. I think this site has some 'gremlins'.

For example, my links to YouTube videos 'sometimes' show the video, other times, just the link. Linking to an image I've downloaded onto Photobucket doesn't seem to work for me anymore.

I use Notepad to copy and paste text into the site. So if there is text out on the web that I want to copy here, I first copy and paste it into Notepad, then do a second copy and paste from Notepad into the Post a reply window here on JWN. It doesn't copy any formatting from other sources and mess it up. I found MS Word didn't work as well for me so I went with Notepad.

• James Brown
    James Brown

<divclass="post-container">

<!--google_ad_section_start--><p> This is crazy. Is this browser making a liar out of me now. It appears that my sentances are posted with spacing </p>

<p> that could make mini paragaphs. But looking at my post for quite some time now my post have no paragraphs. </p>

<p> Right now I am testing what is going on I have not paragraphed yet. But the next sentance will be a pragraph. </p>

<p></p><p></p><p> Ok. I skipped at least 3 lines. Will the spacing show up when I hit submit? If it does please ignore this post. </p>

<p> I cant understand why all of a sudden. It would start posting in paragraphs. But if it is, I am happy about it. </p>

<p> I will space one more paragraph to see if things are working better now. Next paragraph coming up. </p>

Jgnat. The above is the second posting I made on this thread. It shows there should be lot's of paragaphs.

But there are none.

<p></p><p></p><p> Here we go 3 more spaces. If it post formatted with space, I am sorry for wasting everyones time </p>

<p> Here we go I am going to hit submit. If there are 3 paragraphs I don't understand why all of a sudden </p>

<p> It starts paragraphing this is windows explorer 11. </p><!--google_ad_section_end-->

</div>

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

...............................LOL!!@Jgnat!!..

What would Canada be,without Canadian Tire Money?!

.......................................................... photo mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit