REMEMBER THOSE IN NURSING HOMES

by The Searcher 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

When I saw this article's title in the latest Kingdom Ministry - http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/bible/278822/1/June-2014-Kingdom-Ministry-KM-06-2014-PDF - I was delighted!!

I thought, "At last, we are all being encouraged to visit our poor brothers & sisters in nursing homes, who feel abandoned!

Nope, that's not it - it's all about targetting non-Witnesses in those establishments, and get them to sign up for "Bible" studies. Who knows, such ones might be so emotionally grateful for the attention, that they make out new Wills!!

It'll be interesting to see the response of the relatives of those poor old souls!

• Heaven
    Heaven

Many in nursing homes suffer from some form of dementia. This seems counter to the org's need to have able-minded and able-bodied person's out doing field serve-us.

I am not certain why they'd want to do this. There is absoutely NO WAY someone who has dementia can conduct any sort of 'witnessing'.

• pixel
    pixel

I would like to compare the works of other religions in nursing homes againts the Jws. I bet the Jw are only books! tracts! study! and other religions are more humane.

• snowbird
    snowbird

It's about keeping everyone busy and believing they are doing something special.

Busy people don't question or cause problems for the organization.

It's an old South plantation mentality, I tell you.

• label licker
    label licker

For sure it's about the money. They've had 100 years plus to do this type of work and didn't do it. They need their wills. And yes most are mentally or physically disabled to a degree. I have never seen a jw even pull their parent or aging parent out of the old folk homes and bring them to a meeting. Only one in our hall brought his grandmother a couple of times to a meeting until he was made a ms and then that stopped. The nursing home is right next door to the kingdom hall. They don't care about the elderly ones in the halls now. Their lucky if they even get a hello. This just sickens me to no end.

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

"They need their wills. And yes most are mentally or physically disabled to a degree."

I'm afraid this is at least an important factor.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Even before my Dad was diagnosed with dementia and went into a nursing home he told me he has no idea what they are talking about anymore. Leaving material for them to read will be useless.

If someone is mentally incapable, JWs will NOT be able to legally obtain their money. The will must be altered by someone of sound mind. JWs will need to suck in the Power of Attorney/Executor of the Will in order to accomplish this.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

The Searcher:

On a related topic: I remember years ago the non-JW relatives of an elderly JW moved her to an unknown location because they did not want her to be influenced by the Witnesses.

I heard whispering among the busybodies in the hall that her family was fearful that she might be persuaded in her vulnerable state to give her money away. I guess they were going to make sure that didn't happen.

Looking back in retrospect, I don't blame them.

• Skinnedsheep
    Skinnedsheep

Interestingly, the person conducting the study session is asked to collect the publications afterward. Can't let the relatives see what they are studying...

• crmsicl
    crmsicl

There's a nursing home in this area. Pioneers took turns assigning it to themselves. They actually conducted a "group study" in the front room. Only 1 - 3 ever attended. It was a joke to say the least. I used to go with one pioneer sister occasionally, she also had "return visits" there so sometimes we would kill time doing that.

This is off the point but the reason I went on these calls/studies with her was because no one else wanted to and she was discouraged for awhile. My PO elder husband suggested I reach out to her. So all this time I thought I was supporting her but I later figured out she thought she was encouraging me to get out in service more and pioneer...(remember the reach out effort for pioneers?). When I figured this out after leaving the whole fiasco I thought it was so funny.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit