REMEMBER THOSE IN NURSING HOMES

by The Searcher 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• baltar447
    baltar447

This is REALLY sick and twisted. They don't even regularly visit the old JWs!!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Sell and exploit is the agenda the Watchtower Corporation encourages,

kind like the lawyers (Rutherford) and insurance salesmen.

Thats a big part of the hidden indirect corruption of this religious publishing house exploitation.

• crmsicl
    crmsicl

Actually Baltar there was some effort in our kh to visit the elderly. Even though the heavies in NY have an agenda, individual congregations and individual people have or try to have some kind of compassion for the elderly even though it's token compared to the misery work. In the kh that I attended an elder was assigned to look out for the elderly. My husband was one of those for awhile. He has some funny stories.

This one sister we actually helped get her into a private alszheimers home before the gov't could send her to a state run. I took her to the necessary doctors to accomplish this, it wasn't easy but I felt like I was doing a worthwhile thing. I hated field service and I couldn't see why Jehoober wouldn't be okay with my efforts. We visited her regularly. I cleaned out her apartment. I kept her beautiful rocks that she had collected from the time her and her husband toured the states in a camper. She had a daughter who was somewhat alienated from her, likely because of the cult. We talked with her on the phone through all of this but she never came up from where she lived, two states away. I made an album with all her old pictures that had captions on the back which I reprinted under each photo. I sent the album to her daughter. I was with her hours before she died and stroked her head and told her everything was okay, she was a good lady. We told her some funny stories that we knew she liked to hear because she had a great sense of humor. She was a classy lady from Massachutets originally, she had a lovely accent. I think of her often, especially when my grandaughter plays "store" with the rocks.

• blondie
    blondie

So do hursing homes let jws canvass people in their care?

Unfortunately for jws they cannot count time for visitng baptized jws in nursing homes.

My mother and stepfather found a sister in a home whose jw family lived 150 miles away. They said they told the elders about her, but no one had ever been by. She thought she had been df'd. It turned out that the family assumed the elders took care of it and the elders felt it was the family's responsibility to see she got to the meetings. My mother and stepfather took over her care.

• crmsicl
    crmsicl

Technically they can't count there time visiting JW elderly whether in nursing homes or their own home but everyone did it. One way to fudge this was to do it in between legit calls to "keep their time running".

The nursing home that I spoke of did let JW's come into their facility. I think they just looked at it as harmless since some of the patients could have something to do.

• blondie
    blondie

I wonder if their non-jw family know their non-jw family are being preyed on.

The brothers were afraid in one area that the older ones in these homes would get involved in holidays and birthdays. One sister complained that they were stuck in their rooms and couldn't come out when there was a party. She would come out anyway rather than feel punished. So often the elders felt it was the responsibility of the jw family (close or far away) and would not organize visits and get people to sign up...always haphazard.

*** w08 4/15 p. 26 Isolated but Not Forgotten ***

For instance, in some areas, nursing homes arrange for religious services to be held in the facility. One caregiver observed: “Some elderly Witnesses who are unable to communicate clearly have been taken in wheelchairs to church services without being consulted about their wishes.” Further, the staff of nursing homes often use birthdays, Christmas, or Easter to vary the routine of the residents. Some Witnesses in nursing homes have also been offered food that their conscience would not allow them to eat. (Acts 15:29) If we visit our elderly brothers and sisters regularly, we will be able to help them deal with such challenges.

• baltar447
    baltar447

I didn't mean to imply that ALL JWs are hearless bastards. I know many that visit the elderly but it's NOT a priority for the organization. And it's certainly not a priority to those pioneers that have to get in their time.

• crmsicl
    crmsicl

That's true about elderly getting involved in holidays. The lady from Massachusetts, having altheimers, forgot she was a JW! She would remark about the beautiful Christmas tree, etc. This was the time the blinders were coming off our eyes so we happily agreed with everything she said.

• diana netherton
    diana netherton

Oh no...GOD FORBID that these poor souls have SOME fun before the pop their clogs for good. New low has been hit.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Skinnedsheep said: Interestingly, the person conducting the study session is asked to collect the publications afterward. Can't let the relatives see what they are studying...

I'd have to agree with you on that SS.

Also, they won't want the staff looking at it either. The graphic images of people dying may upset any of the residents who have experienced war or strife. I was told by one of the workers at my Dad's home that they don't show war movies as it upsets anyone who has had these types of past experiences.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit