Need an Exit Plan Fast!

by kneehighmiah 30 Replies latest jw friends

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Your lady may have thrown you a golden bone. Simply stop going. When you get the first call you get from an elder tell him you are in a really bad place because she suggested you should go off and kill yourself.

You just can't get over how she could suggest such a thing because you are having a hard time in the truth right now, and it has spun you into a deep depression. Go on and on and on, (I mean really lay it on thick) about how you can't eat, sleep etc, and maybe she is right!

Elder will not want to deal with this kinda shit, and they usually back way off. Then you can plan out if you want to move, stay, whatever.

Rinse and repeat again if a call does come. JWs are their own worst enemy in how they stumble people right out of their religion. Usually the ones who get stumbled aren't mentally awake like you are, they are just tired of the people and their nasty attitudes.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

welcome tothe reality of just how conditional the love was, the friendships were.....it was all paper thin.

I am sprry you are experiencing this, don't make yourself unhappy moving away, go where you WANT to be. Say what you need to say to not cause a stir, then slowly stop,going and act normal when you see them but politely decline to discuss your very personal spiritual life.

Anyone saying to anyone 'go hang yourself' is troubled, especially if it is for simply daring to doubt and question 8 window cleaners in Brooklyn she probably can't name. it is all so irrational, illogical and insane....it is a cult.

So calm down a little, take a few moments. Decide what you 100% want in life, including belief system, family, friends, job, area to live in.

Once you know what you want, simply follow your list and do it xxx

you have support here, make sure you come and ask for it when you need it buddy!

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Don't move because of the religion. Move if its the right thing for you. If you need the fresh start, and it makes sense, do it. if its going to make you broke and be a problem, don't. Metatron suggested the high road in relation to your now ex....I agree. confused and alone (who needs to change his name), suggested just stopping. I second that.

You have nothing to prove to anyone. They do not control or dominate you.

Once you realize this, et your actions be what is best for you. It is amazing when you look back and how much you gave other men power over you, even in intangible ways.

• rebel8
    rebel8

she told me to go hang myself. Literally she said that

I can't imagine any healthy relationship that includes those words, even when angry.

• skin
    skin

Matt 18:15-17. Read this. Follow this and leave the WT freely and be treated by them as if you were "just a man of the nations". Well thats how the Bible saids it should work...

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

Why bother fading at this point? You've lost your GF apparently and she doesn't seem to go quietly, you'll have the witchhunt on you the first time you don't show up regardless of your motivations.

I'd say, kick all of it, hard and fast. You can get a room if you don't have your own apartment, you can get a job if you don't have one yet, get another girlfriend if you feel it's necessary - plenty of dating websites for that.

The cult doesn't have real power over you. Once you step outside, you'll quickly realize how minuscule of an operation they really are and how minimally they affect the world and potentially, your life.

• kneehighmiah
    kneehighmiah

Thanks for the support guys! Means a ton. I talked to non JW friend and my non JW cousin. I'm not suicidal, but I called the National Suicide Prevention lifeline just to get some things off my chest. I'm feeling better and more importantly am in a better position not to do make a rash decision I'll regret later. Eventually I'll have to leave this religion behind, but I need a strategic exit plan. I wonder how many JWs the counselor on the phone has spoken to over the years.

• kneehighmiah
    kneehighmiah

Feeling better after a day of rest. Sometimes I wonder if life would be easier if I were still blind.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

ignorance is only bliss if having knowledge is folly.......

if you value your life and time on earth, then be grewtful to be awake and enjoy your life bro. PM me anytime, happy to talk on the phone or email....whatever. you have support here dude. We have all been through it, you are certainly not alone x

• KateWild
    KateWild

Sometimes I wonder if life would be easier if I were still blind.-kneehigh

I am glad you're feeling better today. Do you have a plan of how you are going to move on. You are not blind and need to mske some changes, maybe some really hard changes, but you will be better off in the long run. Life is easier living in LaLa Land, everything is all cosy and fluffy, but not many JWs really live an easy life, unless they are liars.

IMO there are two types of JW, the liars and the doormats. The liars are happy and the doormats are worn down and tired try their best all the time but never feeling good enough.

Now you are awake you have a third option, you can be a JW liar, a JW doormat, or a non-JW happy. Yes it can be a challenge, but it will be much better to leave and be awake.

Kate xx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit