Need an Exit Plan Fast!

by kneehighmiah 30 Replies latest jw friends

• kneehighmiah
    kneehighmiah

My girlfriend cult handlers have gotten to her. They suggested she should no longer communicate with someone who's thinking isn't in line with Jehovah's organization. We argued and she told me to go hang myself. Literally she said that, after accusing me of not being spiritual. I'm done. I've fully awakened to how hateful this organization is. I can't fake it anymore.

I'm thinking of moving. And then fading. I would need to use my retirement money, but I just can't do this anymore and I don't want to lose my family by DA. I'm thinking of movingneat my non jw cousin . At least I'll be able to have a support network and friends.

Anyone have experience moving and fading?

• blondie
    blondie

Sounds like it is time to move on.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

try not to use your retirement money. Live frugally, move, fade get a new GF.

• happy@last
    happy@last

You've woken up and smelt the hypocrisy for sure. There's lots here who have moved and faded successfully. I faded, then DA'd so can't really advise, only to say be true to yourself and never stop learning, oh and make happy times too

• BluePill2
    BluePill2

kneehighmiah: First, take a deep breath. What seems "chaotic" and "drama" now is long forgotten in a couple of months. Step back and observe the whole situation to see all the options.

Moving is a good idea, if you have ways to support yourself and you are a person that is able to handle change. Sometimes people need their "surroundings" and a move away from that brings another burden or depression. If you feel "adventurous" and think a new beginning is what you need, then take the step and don't look back. Moving can bring new friends, but also has the risk of isolation (because of lack of support network).

Is your family supporting you?

Keep your head up, most of us have been in your situation (and worse) and have been able to deal with it. You can too.

• metatron
    metatron

Easy Peasy - if you've told us everything critical

1) you are suffering from depression. Other chronic conditions work too but depression offers an alternative explanation for stuff you've said.

2) Send a card to your ex that is all sweetness and light. Wish her well and tell her wonderful she is..... and Goodbye.

3) attend a congregation far away from your ultimate location for a few months. Turn in some time for a while and then disappear. Wait for your publisher record card to arrive at the Cong. Secretary's house. Then vanish and leave no forwarding.

This stuff should cover most of your trail.

metatron

• designs
    designs

Move and fade is a tried and good method.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

I know fading is the recommended procedure, and many have tried the move and fade approach successfully. But you really can just stop going. If and when the elders call, ignore them.

If they send you a registered letter inviting you to a judicial committee hearing, then you may want to consider the "Doc Bob" approach. But that often is not needed.

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

If there are never more than "two witnesses" to your thoughts they can't really get you. I agree with oubliette on this one.

• wearewatchingyouman
    wearewatchingyouman

I never faded, but from a couple of friends experiences the fade and then move works better than the move and fade. If possible move to a nearby congregation. Tell them it's because of depression and your previous relationship. Attend for a couple months and then move your place of residence and just disappear.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit