What I said to my wife

by Frazzled UBM 19 Replies latest social family

• whathappened
    whathappened

Good response!

• Frazzled UBM
    Frazzled UBM

Comatose - I am a bit worried about the love bombing - she came straight home after the meeting but she seemed pretty happy and then she was saying 'my friend told me ...' with no appreciation of the conditional love so it seems she was love-bombed and she is off to the memorial on Monday. I wonder whether I should gently suggest to her that they were nice to her because she hadn't been for a while and that if she becomes regular again she will be back to being a second class citizen so it is better to go infrequently. I will see what happens and whether she starts attending more regularly again. Hopefully she has enough sense to realise that is what is going on but I think she is so desperate for their acceptance that she may be encouraged by her reception on Sunday. I will have to up my love-bombing and arranging of other events on Sundays. It is such a roller coaster of uncertainty not knowing what is going on in her head. Fraz

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

That conversation sounded fantastic!

Not knowing where it went in her head, and if or when she accepts reality is so incredibally difficult. The signs sound good though.

I too wonder what the memorial attendance will bring with my husband. He might begin attending again. The ability to keep their behaviors and choices from affecting you negatively is so difficult. You are to be commended for doing such a good job of it.

The paitence a UBM must have to remain in the relationship is hard to adequatly explain. It feels as if you are unable to keep working so hard at it, but then youu do, not knowing how you still work at it for so, so long. One foot in front of the other......

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

Sugar always goes a long ways!

• conflama
    conflama

what do you plan on doing for easter as an alternative?

• Frazzled UBM
    Frazzled UBM

conflama - No plan for this Sunday yet but seeing she is going to the memorial on Monday (which means I have to come home early to look after our son) so I would hope she doesn't go to the KH this Sunday. We are off to see the musical Matilda on Easter Sunday and then the following weekend we are off to Chepstowe in Wales. I am also taking my wife to see the musical 'The Book of Mormon' in May. It will be interesting to see what she thinks of it. Cheers Fraz

• KateWild
    KateWild

Fraz, I am impessed with you making so many family plans. This shows you have a strong bond. Have fun and I look forward to an update about how your wife liked "The Book of Mormon"

• cantleave
    cantleave

Nice one Fraz

• cha ching
    cha ching

I was going to suggest that you "do other things with her," but u already have done a great job!

I really do think that 'being away from the meetings,' and having less propaganda hit you day after day, frees one's brain to think....

If she CAN find friends "on the outside," I think this is also the major plus to 'surviving the shunning' and the 'exodus'

hang in there, cha ching!!

• conflama
    conflama

You realize of course the mormos are hates as much as the Jws are dont you? ANY faith originating from the USA, the 7th day, Jws, Mormons, ALL are hated and called Cults. if it AINT from england, its somehow a BAD faith. Like british looking Jesus, ALL biblical people ahve to have old english accents.

http://lds.about.com/od/ldsholidays/a/easter_celebrations.htm

THATS the LDS, telling us what they think of easter..it includes the rabbits that lay eggs. Religious or not...Only a moron would tie Christianity to that. How hard IS IT to look that stupidity up? Religious or not, its stupid.

. Despite the LDS themselves saying they indeed celebrate as much of people do. (funny to me how people call the 7th day, jws and LDS NON christians! LOL) Listen..I'm no fool. If youre an athiest (which I am not), then EVEN YOU can see this point. If youre talking about you believe in the bible, Where the flip are you getting bunny rabbits with eggs from? you mean to tell me, all of you are doing it and NONE you have GOOGLE!? In that scenario, I an with the athiests when they call the people saying they are christians..."BRAINWASHED" because how hard would it be to google a bunny laying eggs?

http://www.christiananswers.net/q-cc/cc-easter.html

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit