What I said to my wife

by Frazzled UBM 19 Replies latest social family

• Frazzled UBM
    Frazzled UBM

All - So my wife told me she was going to the KH yesrterday. It has been a couple of months so I was a bit disappointed but I sucked it in. I thought about it for a while and when we had a quiet moment together I said to her: "I know you need to make an appearance every once in a while to avoid the risk of being asked to DA yourself and being shunned. I know you feel you need to maintain contact for social reasons. I know the memorial is coming up and they are contacting inactive members. So I am okay with you going. Just don't let them use shame, guilt or fear to make you feel bad about yourself. M (our son) and I love you very much. I hope you are starting to realize that you don't need to worry about M and I being destroyed at Armageddon - the writers of the bible thought Armageddon would happen in their lifetimes, Henry VIII thought Armageddon would happen in his lifetime, Charles Haze Russell thought Armageddon would happen in his lifetime - the world has never had less war, crime or poverty." She stayed quiet he whole time and didn't respond but I could tell she was happy about what I had said. I think we are making progress. I thank you all for helping me to be able to behave constructively towards my wife. Cheers Fraz

• KateWild
    KateWild

Ahh that was lovely fraz. You will have peace if you always show this level of patience. Kate xx

• cultBgone
  • OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Well said.

• Listener
    Listener

You are using logic and she is listening, well done.

• jgnat
    jgnat

You addressed the fear out loud, which robs it of much of its power. Good job.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

I agree with what jnant just said ! Good job !

• Comatose
    Comatose

good job! I think in that situation, you handled it as best it could be. I wonder if she is aware of what love bombing is? Weak and infrequent members always get lots of it. Would dropping her off and picking her up to take to her lunch afterwards help? That way you could get her right after without tons of socializing and lunch rece tee her with you and child?

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Well done Frazzled UBM! A little bit of logic, a lot of unconditional and non-judgemental love, stating what the issue is and who is persecuting whom will hopefully help your wife to overcome the WTBTS's BITE control.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• mouthy
    mouthy

Good boy! patience is a Virtue....Your showing that

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit