Star Trails

by ILoveTTATT 36 Replies latest social entertainment

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

No, Iridium flares have a distinctive trail when photographed. They start off as a faint moving dot, over seconds becoming very bright (flaring), then dimming again before disappearing.

• prologos
    prologos

loveTTaTT, thanks for sharing, your star trails seem to already trying to form circles toward the lower right, deep under that mountain, so if that is the case you live in the southern hemisphere, and are wellcome to visit and see Polaris, easy to find, 5 extensions of the end of the ladle of the big dipper.

At my home, it is quite high, and right in line with my fence (city lots are aligned north-south).-- at our vacation home, polaris is just a handbreath over the water horizon. only a little more than a half-circle of star-trails possible there.

all this beauty makes you know your place.

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

Hi prologos!! apparently there are north and south hemispheres for how the stars move... i live in Canada and I can assure you this picture was taken way north in the northern hemisphere. I believe that somehow I took the picture looking towards the celestial equator.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Awesome pictures ILoveTTATT! I'm glad how you are achieving your full potential and learning discovering new interest and peace since learning TTATT.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• Twitch
    Twitch

Cool pix

• Viviane
    Viviane

Excellent picture

• prologos
    prologos

lovettatt, I tought about that in my sleeplees night, and of course there is a southeren polar star region, unlike Polaris that we northerners live under, a pretty good central match for now. may be

your pictures did not capture the rotation of the earth at all, but the rotation of your camera?

the center of rotation seems to be under the mountain, but Polaris at the extension of the earth axis of rotaion has to be UP there?

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

Prologos,

See

http://www.douglasvincent.com/photography/star-trails/

http://www.douglasvincent.com/photography/star-trails/images/star-trails-001-large.jpg

He took the pics in California.

It seems like you can take pictures of the celestial equator even up north in Canada...

http://500px.com/photo/39425262

I evidently took pictures of the celestial equator. That is why the stars on the top part of the pic seem to curve differently than the ones in the bottom part of the pic.

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

Very noce captures, I like the the first two, great clarity, nice camera, I have a Pentax K10 DLSR and couple of good lenses.

I just learned the the speed of the SD card counts in the capture, invested in a faster SD. I also got a tiny LUMIX yesterday

and can't wait to try it out. Do you post on Flickr ? I wish there was some obvious and easy way to upload photos here,

I think you have to go to another site ? anyone ? What speed SD card are you using ?

• Viviane
    Viviane

Depending on the angle and location, you *should* be able to get that effect from most places on earth. I do a bit of amateur astronomy and get a little nerdy on things like that sometimes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit