does anyone gave experience with a puppy that nipps/mouths consistently?

by unstopableravens 28 Replies latest social family

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

Band :thats horrible, some dogs are demonized because of there breed and it is not right

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

......and some people are no smarter than dogs, unfortunately and that not right also.

• LilieKat
    LilieKat

You do not have a bad dog. I would recommend getting a spray bottle and filling it with plain water. When he gnaws on you spray him in the face (not the nose) and he will eventually stop. It might stop him 100% in a week.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Has there been a single episode of The Dog Whisperer where the dog was guilty? Cesar Milan's world is all bad humans, not understanding pack behavior. I love how he gets responses in a few minutes. To be fair, the show says the time is compressed.

• cult classic
    cult classic

When our shih tzu was a puppy, he would follow closely and bite our ankles and heels with each step...lol. We started yelping loudly (as if in pain) and turning our backs with each nip (even if it was painless). Took about 3 days and he stopped. And get the puppy some squeaky chew toys to play w and some gnawing chews for teething.

Congrats on your new pet.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

Thanks all, ankle biting is not a problem, he's a presa canario lol just a tad to big to bit ankles thou he likes nipping feet if your sitting on tbe couch

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Watch "The Dog Wisperer", he is amazing. Basically, you must be a good "pack leader". There is a lot of non verbal communication that goes on between dogs, someone has to be the leader, if you are not, then the dog will be. It's not a matter of beating or harsh treatment, but you have to take charge. The dogs needs must be met, plenty of exercise. Make sure the dog has enough chew toys. The dog must learn what is or is not allowed.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

We did not know we were supposed to be pack leaders. Can't a human be a human? I once thought our dog was unique. Now I know she thought we were lousy pack leaders. She took over. There was also something about never letting a dog sit on a sofa or bed.

I read about a British lady who gave dog training lessons on TV.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Band, Yes. I had forgotten about her. She used to say in a high English voice, "Walkies".

We had an Afghan Hound. It never made it past 6 months. My Uncle opened the door when we said No, don't, and it ran out and was immediately run over.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit