Are all JWs united in their beliefs?

by enigma1863 42 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

No, they are not united in their "beliefs".

They are united by a coercive set of man made rules with such unthinkable consequences that it guarantees the outward appearance of unity.

They are prisoners behind a whitewashed wall.

"Beliefs" are something completely different that can only exist outside of that kind of environment.

abe

• jgnat
    jgnat

How about the Romanian Witnesses? What happened to them is they were separated from the parent organization for many years. When communism was lifted, the faithful Romanians did not recognize what the WTBTS had become. They declared the parent church apostate and went their own way.

Jehovah's Witnesses are uniform in behavior (more or less). Unity in thought? Not even close. There are thousands of reasons why people remain a Witness, so a thousand approaches to their belief. For instance, I have met many Witnesses who assume they will see their (non-believing) relatives in paradise.

So any Witness separated from current literature for any length of time will no longer be in lock-step with his brothers.

• alwaysthinking
    alwaysthinking

it is amazing to see jehovah's witness are united in confusion, confused but still united, no doubts what so ever. if the GB actually don't know whats gonna happen in the future or explain the Bible prophecies, then stop doing that, you dont find new explanations to cover the old ones just because you need to continue going on the wrong path. its so obvious that the "new lights" are becoming even more rediculous. The GB is treating their followers as fool.

• Heaven
    Heaven

alwaysthinking said: it is amazing to see jehovah's witness are united in confusion, confused but still united, no doubts what so ever.

This made me chuckle.

There was a statement recently that JWs are to listen to what the authority figures in their organization say even if said authority figures are wrong. Wow. Talk about messed up. No wonder there are mentally ill people in this group.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Nope, some are atheists.

The teachings are so convoluted how can they possibly alll believe the same thing, it's all open to interpretation, but JWs aren't allowed to interpret things in their own words, I bet the GB aren't even united, if they were why do they vote for doctrine and policy changes. If there is a 2/3 majority then not all are unanimously united in the change.

Kate xx

• drewcoul
    drewcoul

If you can get them to open up, most witnesses will admit to either not believing everything, or at least not understanding. I spoke to a couple of elders who stopped by to see my mom several weeks ago. Since I had known these guys for my entire life, I was comfortable talking to them although I am disfellowshipped. I told them some of the things I had trouble with and one said "We don't understand everything." I asked how they could believe in something they don't understand. They didn't have a coherent response.

Before his death, I was having a similar discussion with my dad. He said he didn't believe everything but that it was the best religion out there.

The problem is, most witnesses won't open up about their real beliefs. There are a set of answers to questions for outsiders, and there's the real answers that Witnesses can give to each other. Like: Do you have to be a Witness to survive Armageddon? Most witnesses will answer to a non-witness that it's up to Jehovah. Between themselves, they claim that you have to be a witness to survive.

• objectivetruth
    objectivetruth

Raymond Franz & Edward Dunlap were both "united" in beliefs, before Researching & Writing the Aid Book (The only quality book ever produced by the WT) If and when a witness compares WT teachings to the Bible it is very unlikely that he will still feel that the WT, has the Truth.

Unfortunately, subconsciously many Witnesses sense this, so as a means of protection they avoid analyzing anything.

When they Analyze JWN gets a new Member.

• Heaven
    Heaven

drewcoul said: If you can get them to open up, most witnesses will admit to either not believing everything, or at least not understanding.

My Father admitted to me in the summer of 2010 that he "Had no idea what they are talking about anymore."

I remained calm on the outside, but inside I was:

http://www.nhlcyberfamily.org/special/snoopy3.gif

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Paradise(TM), armageddon(TM), Ministry(TM), Use the system but be no part of it ,Jehovah(TM), No blood...sort of, obey the watchtower(TM) without question.................all the usual staple beliefs.

Apart from these there has always been confusion or blanks in belief.

• Heaven

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit