Are all JWs united in their beliefs?

by enigma1863 42 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

One of my Elders did'nt know that Jesus was not his mediator. After dealing with several elders in my hall I realized they don't know jack, they are just able to regurgitate the 3-4 scriptures used for each subject of thier doctrines. Thier also delusional, I was in the back school reading one of the older books I think Finish Mystery and asked one of the elders about it and he said that he started to read it but when it got to the wierd stuff he felt unconfortable so he stoped. The same elder in my JC meeting said he was on the net reading at a site about blood and found the information very educational, but when he found out the site was being run by an ex-jw he stoped looking at it. I'm thinking in my head "what!!!! What a delusional dumbass"!!!!!!

• mynameislame
    mynameislame

I don't think most of them have actual beliefs on a lot of the what the FDS teaches.

They believe that the JWs is the one true religion so if the FDS says it then it must be true.

At least that is how it was for me.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Menrov: What I do believe is that most JWs are sincere in their love for their creator.

Welcome to the forum!

Sincerety is nice, but as JWs we knock on people's doors and tell them that being sincere is not enough. We must have "accurate knowledge."

It is clear from your post that disagreement about doctrinal matters amongst current JWs is evidence that the do NOT have "accurate knowledge."

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Ding: It's like talking to Fred Franz.

Except what JWs believe now on several core doctrinal points is significantly different than what Fred Franz conjured up.

• menrov
    menrov

I think there is a difference in actually believing or accepting. What I notice is that most JW's have similar knowledge about doctrines and repeat that. In that sense, they are United. But do they actually believe them? I guess that the majority is not even aware if they believe it or not, it is knowledge. So, my view is that they are united in knowledge but not necessarily in belief.

Having said that, I did not say that the knowledge they share is correct of course. It is the knowledge provided by the organisation, not from personal assessment of the scriptures.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

They are united in their belief that they must 'appear' to accept and believe any utterance of the GB and if they don't believe then they are either A. Too stupid. B. Getting tricked by Satan C. Wait on Jehovah to clear it up with new light.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

The typical r&f does not even really understand what they believe - other than that they have the truth. So, if you call that unity then they are united.

• enigma1863
    enigma1863

can you recall any localized unwritten beliefs, like taboos?

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I don't believe Witness know enough about their doctrines. It keeps changing. I would get so bored out of my mind. People read word for word from the WT.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Back in the '80s I asked both my parents at the same time if God was directing the Watchtower.

At exactly the same time my Dad answers "No." and my Mom anwers "Yes."

There was a Holy Shiite! look that passed between them. In my head I'm thinkin' "Uh huh. Yeeeeah, right."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit