If The Organization Was A Country, Then.......?

by metatron 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Frazzled UBM
    Frazzled UBM

o emeth you are so sad - persisting in your belief in the WBTS's tired old prediction of Armageddon. After 140 years of saying it is coming soon, oh so soon, how can you still maintain the fiction that is coming and that the only people who will be saved are only those who blindly obey a bunch of old men in Bethel who know about as much about Truth as Joseph Stalin. Such arrant arrogant nonsense.

As for what the country would be like - nothing would function and it would return to the dark ages as curiosity, initiative and intellectual endeavour would be outlawed. Science would be virtually non-existent. The plague and various other eradicated diseases would reemerge. Basic infrastructure would fail. Old people would die of neglect as they wouldn't be able to live off the taxes of worldly people any more.

• DuvanMuvan
    DuvanMuvan

If the org was a country then there'd be no need for universities or an education system of any kind i guess. Just generation after generation of home-schooled people home-schooling other people until in a few hundred/thousand years when they can't remember how to read anything except the publications

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I remember when I first realized that if the JWs were right about Armageddon, the Big A wouldn't actually free me from WT bondage...

...instead, the whole planet would become Watchtowistan.

It wasn't long afterward that I realized I'd rather experience "destruction at Armageddon"/oblivion.

It wasn't long after that that I was completely mentally out.

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

Ometh - really ? if its so great why are you here ?

whats really going on with you ?

• bigmac
    bigmac

its how emeth gets his time in.

• DuvanMuvan
    DuvanMuvan

I think it's good that emeth puts on his rebellion hat and talks on this website. It allows some of the undercover/fading ones on here to actually have a discussion about something with a jw without being labelled as scriptually weak by some wanna-be therapist. It's also funny to see just how long it takes for an active jw to realise that they're losing an argument and that not even the silver sword can save them

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

it would be one of the most underdeveloped countries in the world.

99 percent window cleaners and laborers, and 1 percent educated people.

Must be tough trying to get window cleaners and laborers to run power plants, provide healthcare, teach in schools or do any other specialized job.

Perhaps their windows would be so clean they could see people across the border who enjoy the perks of a modern society, and perhaps theyw would want to leave.

• Satanus
    Satanus

It wouldn't have an army. Jehovah would protect it. Bwahaha.

S

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

DuvanMuvan - "I think it's good that emeth puts on his rebellion hat and talks on this website. It allows some of the undercover/fading ones on here to actually have a discussion about something with a jw without being labelled as scriptually weak by some wanna-be therapist. It's also funny to see just how long it takes for an active jw to realise that they're losing an argument and that not even the silver sword can save them."

Oh, absolutely.

I don't recall a single instance where a WT loyalist who posted on JWN changed anyone's mind here...

...but there's been plenty of instances where WT loyalists posted on JWN and ended up having their minds changed...

BTW, I like your posts; you're awfully articulate for such a young guy, and you clearly have something besides styrofoam between your ears.

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

The outside world would call it Jehovahstan. It would be run exactly like Brooklyn Bethel. If they could get away with it....apostates would be put to death. These people would be a sick society if ever allowed to rule themselves.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit