I dropped TTATT to some door knockers today

by TheStumbler 53 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Island Man
    Island Man

Excellent!

You know something, your post just gave me an idea. The JWs post the latest copies of the magazines on their website in advance of placing the hardcopies in the field. Wouldn't it be great if there was a site where the articles in these magazines are logically debunked/critiqued/picked apart before they're ever placed in the field? It would serve as a means to forearm ex-JWs and the public so that they'd be ready to wake sleeping JWs up when they come to the door. RayPublisher, JWfacts, Simon? What do you think?

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

'If you don't understand scientific dating methods then on what grounds do you doubt its accuracy?'

BAM!

I'm gonna' use it.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Island Man: Wouldn't it be great if there was a site where the articles in these magazines are logically debunked/critiqued/picked apart before they're ever placed in the field?

There is such a site. This is it!

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

'you can't trust what science says, science always changes,

Yes, and the WTBTS never, ever changes anything they believe.

• Terry
    Terry

Brick wall, meet head.

Head, meet brick wall.

• Saltheart Foamfollower
    Saltheart Foamfollower

That was just fabulous! Well done. I've been on the work and seen brothers tied in knots by evolutionists (I just keep quiet cos it's their door) and then come away and think they've won the argument. Inside I'm laughing at them. Maybe I should ask how they think they did and what else they could have done to prolong the misery.

BTW, am I the only one who keeps glancing at this subject and thinking it says "I dropped some knickers today"?

• TheStumbler
    TheStumbler

@Magnum,

I'm sorry to hear about your situation regarding retirement. I worry some of my own family are heading in the same direction. Its tragic and I think the baby boomer generation reaches retirement age its going to become an increasingly apparant problem for the WTBS

• theopug
    theopug

Would like to know if anyone has tried this in feild service or from the platform and what response you got (if any).

Stacking realities simply means quoting someone else when you don't to say something really loaded. The "stacking" comes in when the source is 2 or more layers deep.

An example might be, "you know, I was talking to a brother who was out in service recently and a householder said to him, "did you know your second WT president had a mansion built for David & Abraham who were said to return in 1925". If you had the time to Really Think about that, how would you respond".

You can certianly add more stacks or layers, the above example has 2 stack to show the point.

So, what do y'all think ?

• Magnum
    Magnum

The Stumbler - thanks for your concern. My wife and I really feel cheated. I agree about the looming problem with those reaching retirement age who made no plans for the future because of JW preditions. I can't wait to see how it's going to work out - how many are going to become disgruntled, etc.

• TheStumbler
    TheStumbler

@saltheart Foamfollower

I'm quite sure that their arguments and rationalizations, despite not addreessing most of what I said, were enough for them to feel satisfied that the Truth was untouched. I'm sure they easily dismissed everything I said. I am an imperfect human, puffed up with pride, after all. They have a direct line to absolute truth. No need to scrutinize what they already 'know' to be true.

where I think I did get through to them was the statement in Awake that science and Genesis 'harmonise'. They tried to deflect the issue but I kept re-reading the statement to them and explaining that science puts the appearance of birds long after land animals which contradicts Genesis. I wouldn't let them weasel out from Awake's blatent falsehood

They admitted that they needed to do more research and promised they would but I'm quite sure that by 'research' they mean read more Watchtower publications - they very source of information in question. They won't find any answers to my questions in there, only obsfucations but that will probably be enough for them.

when they left one of them said 'well, maybe we have to agree to disagree, we have faith that the Bible is God's word'.

I was determined to have the last word so I said 'you are entitled to your faith and your opinion but not your own facts. You faith doesn't mean you can go around distributing misinformation'. I was pretty satisfied with ending our conversation with that!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit