The Ray Franz Movie

by RayPublisher 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• John_Mann
    John_Mann

Ray is a richful character.

He preached a interesting and very loose interpretation of christianity, not found in any specific denomination.

Sometimes I think he was a kind of atheist because he discussed fallacies and used them as a mean to detect false teachings. No religious person use fallacy detection as a method because if you follow this method you'll reject the very christianity as false.

He was a very interesting person. It would be great to see a documentary about him in BBC style.

• Watchtower-Free
  • StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

Ray Franz's story could be a full blown holywood movie if you ask me. Everything is there, Romance, Love, aint, treason, power, monney, travel, religion. With a great script, this could be awesome!

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

Seems like there is a lot of animosity and attacks by the wt on the Catholic church, how about floating something like this by a network like EWTN, may have a bit of a slant due to the funding source, but the story is what the story is.

• suavojr
    suavojr

Great idea and marking

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

The Panorama documentary here in the UK had a big audience. Mid 2000's about child abuse scandal in Scotland.

After all the Candace Conti news, I'd say media sources may snap up the idea.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Personally, if written accuratly and engaging ( which really isn't hard to do with this subject matter) , this could be marketed to a number od sources. TV documentory, indie movie especially at film fests. Educational series for perochial high schools, or Christian high school homeschooing curriculum. It has the potential to take off. News media contcacted and interested could boost interest.

A huge PR blast would be if the WTBTS got in a huff and began protesting or bad mouthing, or even more like them, try to sue about the movie. Then interest would increase dramaticaly.

• Londo111
    Londo111

There also needs to be a Judge Rutherford musical...just like the Book of Morman. It could be called: Millions Now Living!

Nathan Lane as Judge Rutherford!

• KateWild
    KateWild

I think it's a good idea. CoC was a fantatistic book with many great scenes in it. The scenes where Ray talks to Fred about things including the aid book were very interesting for me. They had a close relationship that ended with shunning. This is powerful I think.

Kate xx

• humbled
    humbled

do it. and..... do it.

Lead in would be the slews of reviews on Amazon from the grateful readers of CoC for shining the light on the ruinous hypocrisy and calculated lies of the WTBTS.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit