The Ray Franz Movie

by RayPublisher 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

Been wanting to talk about this for a while... three years ago on this forum my friend Cedars brought this up. Let's do it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5syKaxxPyos

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

I like your idea Ray.

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

yes good idea. His life had a lot of drama. What do you think of putting binadub in it too as I think this would add to it - didn't she encourage him to write his books according to a thread recently?

• never a jw
    never a jw

Great idea. Problem is that the audience is too small to recover cost, let alone make a profit.

• Lets Think
    Lets Think

love the idea, what if we all pitch in some seed money and get it done, seriously

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

Why not present your ideas to a TV channel instead?? They maybe interested in making a documentary instead.

• A.proclaimer
    A.proclaimer

Good ideas here. Personally I see would see this more as a talking drama film. If the script is written well enough, this film would not just click with JWs and other religious members but people outside that realm. The whole concept of standing up against higher powers is something that attracts people. The story needs to show a connection to the audience, show who he is, progress and changes he makes in life. In my mind, the focus in the movie would be centered around his journey from reaching up the ranks to Governing Body member, to his discoveries, and finally the fall by being removed and later disfellowship. The climax would be around the "witch hunts" and of course feature other members who were affected by this like Edward Dunlap or Nestor and Toni Kuilan. There will need to be some creative liberty taken and add certain things for the sake of the movie, just to explain certain things others might not understand or to make the story more appealing. This is always done whenever a book is turned into a movie, it's necesary to adapt but without straying too far away. I think this story can work if done right.

• smiddy
    smiddy

What about a documentary on Foxtell with one of their channels , just an Idea.

smiddy

• grumblecakes
    grumblecakes

Ya know...im thinking really the audience is not as small as we think.

Most people have at least heard of jehovahs witnesses. Those really familiar would love to see this film.

Those somewhat familar may beintriguedi.

Those not-really-familiar-but-they-came-to-my-door...just may be curious ("yeah, what the f**k is up with those guys?! Expose on a cult? Hell yeah ill watch") enough to watch.

When i think of all the weird little indie films or special interest docs ive watched...yeah if you market this right, youll get viewers.

• grumblecakes
    grumblecakes

Think about some great, documentaries, many do not come anywhere close to having a "broad audience", they just have to be interesting.

Right off the top of my head,here's a few great examples:

Exit through the gift shop-had no idea who Banksy was before and i had zero interest in graffiti art. Saw it anyway, LOVED IT.

Dear Zachary-do not know the family, never even heard of their case, but dear god, how poingient and well made. Their story will stay with me.

Toynbee tiles (i forget theactual name of thisdocumentary, but holy f**k thats a great, weird story)

As viewers, we dont always need to bepersonally touched by something, we just need a great story and a little intrigue. Ray franz`s story has both.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit