Doctor affirms the fact that JW religion was a massive strain on my life

by confusedandalone 35 Replies latest jw experiences

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

"Wow this is great news... has your wife joined you CAA?"

O the wife is sooooo with me. She hasnt been to a meeting in 8 months and said thjere is no way she will return. We are both out completely at this point

Eyeuse2be I am glad you made it as well!!! Get your life back.

jgnat I do indeed love those bovine LOL

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Well done mate. It's amazing how much the jw life messes up your health. Many of us, myself included, have done like you and had improved health since leaving. I myself am on a quarter of the anti depressant dose I was just 18 months ago as a jw.

Here's to your very best of health!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And it is not just the physical strain--remember, the Grand Boasting Session of 2014 urges you to place your physical health second to the communist tyranny of joke-hova. Meaning, you would have had to waste more time out in field circus, which is why you didn't have time for your family (another thing that is supposed to be second to joke-hova). You don't need that waste of your time.

Your money is probably in better hands without the jokehovians. You no longer have to worry about donating anything to the Worldwide Damnation Fund, and I don't recommend doing any more donations. The money is yours to keep or spend as you see fit. For instance, every 20 toilet paper bill you used to donate can now buy roughly one ounce of silver (which will come in handy when the dollar loses its value). You can also go to Home Depot and buy three CREE LED light bulbs (800 lumens--60 watt, warm white 2700 K color temperature), install them in place of the three most used incandescent (or compact fluorescent) bulbs and watch your light bills drop. Or, you can buy a pack of 8 Sanyo Eneloop AA batteries. Or, if you save a few of them, 5 of them will buy 8 GB of RAM for your computer if you have a motherboard that takes DDR3. Three of them buys a Fenix LD22 flashlight, and 2 1/2 of them buys a 16-bay AA battery charger. You can also save two of those bills and get yourself Pokemon X or Y, or 9 of them will buy the Nintendo 3DS for those games. Much more relaxing.

Also, no more suit dry cleanings. They often come back dirtier than they went in, and they pollute (further aggravating your health). No more wasting gas going to and from boasting sessions or out in field circus. No more wasting money helping out those you don't give a fxxx about but your duties used to force you to. All that money could also be put to better use. For instance, once your bills are caught up on, you could get yourself a nice set of clothing from L.L. Bean that doesn't need dry cleaning and lasts better than those crap suits. You will be more comfortable in those clothes, too. Three suit dry cleanings, and you could get a nice shirt that is far more comfortable (and those are quality shirts, not the cheap crap you find at crap mart). And, just one Grand Boasting Session you don't attend saves enough for a decent TV set, or to upgrade your computer, or get a nice upholstered chair to dump the crap one you may be stuck with. Or, you could put it aside and buy a tub of silver--or two tubs, or three. Depending on how far the drive is, you are saving enough to do a lot with.

Not to mention, Christmas. When December comes, you remember how uptight you used to get when they started playing Christmas carols. You used to hate seeing the lights going up, and every other show on TV was about Christmas. That added unnecessary stress. True, Christmas does rank as a "stressor agent". However, it is a good stress. Instead of dreading getting up and trudging out in field circus or to the boasting session, you look forward to getting up and opening up the Christmas presents. Instead of dreading Christmas carols, you may find yourself enjoying some of them and looking forward to when iTunes or Amazon is going to start selling them in October. Instead of hating the lights, you may find yourself hanging some yourself--and I recommend watching the how-to videos on YouTube for ideas. (And getting LEDs. Those use much less energy, so you do not get that huge light bill the jokehovians are hoping you get, are more reliable, are safer, and you don't blow fuses or trip circuit breakers). You get to really enjoy the holiday.

As to where now, I strongly recommend doing much research before doing any committing. Especially with Saturn headed for Sagittarius, it is too easy to jump into another cult and regret it later. Take it slow, take it easy, research everything thoroughly until you are positively certain there are no Gotcha's involved. There is no penalty for being undecided for a long time pending research. If they make you hurry up and commit, they may be hiding something. There should be no hurry--and you should not commit to anything until you research it form both sides. And check multiple religions--from multiple platforms, including other xian religions, Judaism, Islam, the Eastern religions, and even Satanism. It hurts not to do the research, find out what they are about, and only when you are certain what you want do you commit. However, I can give other choices you should definitely NOT look at:

**Similar cults. These include the Mor[m]ons, Seventh Day Adventists, and other spinoffs.

**Born agains. You need to be very careful with that group.

**Pentecostals. Again, if you go that route, be careful you are not getting into a cult.

**Church of Christ. Some of them are mainstream. However, there is one sect called the Boston Movement, also known as International Church of Christ. You do not want to touch that with a 10 meter pole, though researching them is a good idea.

**Any xian religion that has a funny name. Research it to make sure you are not getting into a cult.

**Anything that involves missionary work. This is an absolute no-no in your condition, and many take their toll on you. Some are easier on you than others, but all involve excessive stress and expense.

**Be careful before joining a Jewish or Islam group. You should research any such group before you join--many are as bad as xian cults.

**Any group that involves gangs, major mutilation of your body, sacrificing or abusing animals as part of the rituals, or that practices abusive sorcery and binding Demons. While these groups are more upfront than xian cults, they are still cults. Nothing wrong with practicing Satanism, but you should make sure you are not getting involved in a cult. Hint: If they practice the nine-foot circle initiation, abuse animals as part of their sacriments and rituals, use drugs in their rituals, involve severe mutilation of your body including filing your teeth, or are coercive and threatening, they are cults.

Then, there is simply enjoying the here and now. As I said, there is no hurry in joining another religion. You can just enjoy what is going on, nature walks, and simply enjoying your family. Maybe in time you can look at religion--as before, I recommend being patient and doing much research before commitment. And, definitely do not commit until after Saturn leaves Sagittarius.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I am glad you are feeling better. I had a friend who had a term for people who sucked the life out of any situation, she called them " fun sponges". Well, the JWs are one big fun sponge, at least as a whole entity. It's almost like the GB set out to ensure that life as a JW would be as miserable as possible, they make so many requirements for your time, while constantly trying to guilt you into thinking even that is not enough. They are always warning against spending time in recreation, hobbies and other personal pursuits. The meetings themselves are as dry and boring as possible.

Is it any wonder that a life spent trying to be a good dub would make you sick? It's not balanced.

• clarity
    clarity

Omg ...I am so happy for you and your family!!!!

Funny this made me cry a little ... "On my way home I stopped

along the road at my favorite pasture with the same cows

that are sometimes there."

All the best to you!

clarity

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

I am glad your health has improved and you are enjoying life with your wife and children by your side. I too went through some serious health problems and I can relate most of it back to the WTS. My health improved like yours did and I have been able to get rid of some medicines. Living a health, happy and rewarding life is sweet!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit