Critique of Mar 2014 Awake on Creation by Alan Feuerbacher

by jwfacts 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

good to hear of AlanF again

• BU2B
    BU2B

Wonderful.. I love to see the WT propaganda refuted logically and point by point deconstructed right down to the nonsense not worth the paper its printed on. Thanks for sharing jwfacts :)

• rocketman
    rocketman

Oubliette asked: "Who is Alan Feuerbacher? What are his credentials?"

As Blondie suggests, give him a Googling. But I will tell you also that his articles were instrumental in the early years of my exit from the Witness religion, and those articles, as well his posts to the board, were a big reason why I frequented JWN (then JWD) back in the early 2000s.

• sir82
    sir82

As Alan's very well written critique demonstrates, the WT now writes in vague generalities without much, if any, reasoning given.

This is a notable contrast to the "Life - How Did It Get Here? By Eveloution or Creation" book, written in 1985. That one must surely have set the Guinness Book of World's Records for most out-of-context quotations per page.

It is telling that they have apparently given up in trying to justify their position by appealing to authority - no "authority" even remotely supports their wacked-out ideas, unless quoted completely out of context. And in the internet age, such a misquotation would be exposed (a) instantaneously and (b) universally.

And, as this critique ably demonstrates, the dumbing-down of Watchtower writings continues at breakneck speed. It hurts my brain to even consider reading it any more.

• BU2B
  • rocketman
    rocketman

Just finished the article, and it's an excellent critique of the March 2014 WT article.

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

marked for later

• cofty
    cofty

Thank you

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Is Alan's previous work archived somewhere?

• eva luna
    eva luna

Alan's essays changed my thinking. A wonderfull mind.

Thank You jwfacts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit