Critique of Mar 2014 Awake on Creation by Alan Feuerbacher

by jwfacts 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Alan Feuerbacher has written a tremendous critique of the March 2014 Awake!, which contains a grossly dishonest discussion on creation. The PDF file can be downloaded from Awake_March_2014_Creation_Critique.pdf. It highlights Watchtower use of poor and contradictory reasoning.

• PaintedToeNail
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

jwfacts, Thanks for posting. Looks like a good read!

Who is Alan Feuerbacher? What are his credentials?

• Magnum
    Magnum

Thank you - just saved a copy for reading tonight.

• highroad
    highroad

Marked

• Make Lemonade
    Make Lemonade

Jwfacts: I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for your work.

I read Alan's critique several times. Printed out, it is 11 pages. He brings up issues that are challenging to say the least. His statement, that 1987 is the last time the wt. pub. mention 7,000 yr. creative days, is valuable info. He also states that there exists two beliefs in the religion of Jehovah's Witnesses today. Older witnesses believe in 7,000 yr. creative days. Younger witnesses have never heard this, and have a concept that the creative days are thousands of years long. I put this to the test myself to 9 witnesses who knew nothing of the 7000 yr. creative days. Interesting don't you think?

He raises questions about the date of the flood. Could two frogs become 4,500 varieties between 2370 B.C.E. and now?

This version of young earth creationism (7 x 7,000 =49,000 + 1,000 = 50,000yrs) is another weakness of the teachings of JW past. Photo Drama of creation. If it is provable that life on earth is older than 33,000 years, that is a "FAIL" for the writting department. That is Alan's challenging message in this critique. Interesting, I think.

This is a great challenge for honest people to take up. The Writting Dept. is forced to hide the real truth revealed by the older publications. There is a hook however; 1975 remains the end of 6,000 yrs since Adam's creation. So what does that do to the rest of the significant dates? Interesting.

In the past I only read this site. If you are like that now, I encourage you to take up the challenge at your own pace.

• blondie
    blondie

who is Alan Feuerbacher...try search on JWN or Google his name

• sir82
    sir82

Who is Alan Feuerbacher? What are his credentials?

Look for topics started and posted on by the user "alanf". He used to post on here regularly, for over a decade.

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

Downloaded and saved this to finish reading tonight....thanks for the post, jwfacts!

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Thank you jwfacts and AlanF. It's a keeper.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit