When You Were A Witness Did You "Misbehave" ?.....

by minimus 28 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

and did you always seem to get caught?

My daughter told me that all her teenage friends used to smoke tobacco, pot, do drugs, get drunk and "misbehave" with other kids all the time.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I used to alter the speed on the record player at the hall. Sometimes no one noticed those awful kingdum maladies playing too fast. Perhaps glad that the dirges were over quicker.

• Really?!
    Really?!

All the time. I had a boyfriend from the hall when I was about 13/14, we used to hang out together mainly at his house when his parents were out (think I told my mum that I was somewhere else), you can imagine what we used to get up to. Anyway, one Sunday following the meeting, my mum sat me down at the kitchen table all serious and told me that we had been seen in the street by someone kissing...this was a serious matter, if it was true the elders would be involved blah blah. I just told her a bold lie and said the person was mistaken, didn't feel guilty at the time and never felt guilty since! For whatever reason, she bought it and it was never mentioned again. The only think I can think of was that maybe the person that reported is wasn't a very reliable witness maybe.

I was barely at school - always bunking off - and my mum never used to address it with me, although she must of known as the school must of been in touch with her about my poor attendance. Think it was probably easier for her to turn a blind eye then attempt to deal with it, and she wasn't bothered about my education anyway. Whilst bunking off school I was up to all sorts of naughty things with non-JW BF that she would have been horrified to know about.

When I got older and after I left school (at 16 of course, no need for any further education obviously!), I got busted after sneaking off to a JW party and that was the end for me, finally found the courage to say how I really felt.

• minimus
    minimus

Screwing with the record player is pretty funny. LOL

Really!, your mom was kewl.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

..and when I was in the sound booth I used to cut the mic dead if a brother bored me or I didn't like him......pretending it was a technical fault.

• minimus
    minimus

u r 2 funny

• Really?!
    Really?!

Minimus - not so sure about that lol. Think its called burying your head in the sand instead of actually trying to find out the root cause of your kids unhappiness. The first time I got caught bunking off it was all guilt tripping, Jehovah so dissappointed, how could you do this to ME etc. Not once did she ask me what was wrong. Oh well never mind, at least I had some fun during the process!

• L3G
    L3G

I read opposing literature, from the stuff mainstream evangelical churches put out (Walter Martin, Kingdom of the Cults, etc.) to "apostate" books that highlight truths the org wants kept secret (RF's COC, COJ). Isn't that supposed to be misbehaving??? I think so...

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

...and one day there was a twat brotherĀ® sitting in front of me. A question was asked. I muttered under my breath a totally wrong answer and brother twat put his hand up and said it. I chortled.

• minimus
    minimus

Yes that is misbehaving like an apostate.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit