My dear old Dad's (RIP) observation

by punkofnice 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• L3G
    L3G

So Jehovah has chosen the loonies, right?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Thanks Sylvia.

He was a very kind man but had a British forces hard edge. Civvy street didn't suit him.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Authentic self ____Punkie

Somethin' Jehovah's Witnesses tell you to strip away when you

put on a new set of WTS approved clothes

• jemba
    jemba

Hang on to those good memories Uncy Punky the cult didnt leave us many nice ones. He sounds like a real character! Well you must have his sense of humour. I like to imagine those that have passed are somewhere out there happily knowing TTATT and giving us the thumbs up. He would be so proud of his 'punky'. xx

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

First impressions are usually right.

• cult classic
    cult classic

LOL.

My mother always says that being a JW is a very abnormal lifestyle. But talk about leaving the org and there is hell to pay! It's a triumph when the authentic persona wins.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

My Dad had a saying: 'Say something from the platform and it becomes law.'

He was careful what he said publically so as not to 'overstep' the filthfull slave.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I have been re-reading the comments here and I thought this was worth resurrecting for our new members.

My memories of being raised a JW is a claustrophobic life surrounded by delusional and hateful individuals.

I had nightmares about demons.

I would wake up in the night and feel like god wanted to kill me. Or that a demon might be at the foot of the bed watching me as I lay there alone.

By gumdrops, I hate that cult. Hate, hate, hate what it did to the young me.

although I loved my Dad, I do NOT thank him for raising me in the poisonous cult AKA Jehovah's witnesses.

My memories are both painful and good...but nothing about the filthy, disgusting cult is nice...none of it.

I will never get any of my life back.

What will I make of my future? Goodness bloomin' knows.

Rant over, until I want to have a go at the WBT$ again....always justified.

I have mental scars because of them.

I don't look for pity. I just want all to know that the WBT$ are utter filth.

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

An elder once asked me: "Why is the Truth like a crescent wrench?" Confused, I replied "Huh, what do you mean?"

His answer: "Because it fits all the nuts."

Image result for crescent wrench

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    respectful_observeran hour agoAn elder once asked me: "Why is the Truth like a crescent wrench?" Confused, I replied "Huh, what do you mean?"
    His answer: "Because it fits all the nuts."

I like it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit