My dear old Dad's (RIP) observation

by punkofnice 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• aintenoughwiskey
    aintenoughwiskey
    Because it fits all the nuts That is the best JW joke I have ever heard, coffee out the nose good!
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice

whiskey - Yes. Spray the desktop good.

The more I look back at my time in the cult, the more of a horror story it was.

• flipper
    flipper

PUNK- At least your elder dad could occasionally slip into his non-cult personality- my dad was a P.O. and City Overseer for 35 years and never ONCE did I ever see him come out of the cult personality or cult mode- ever. He was the stuffiest, most feared elder in our town. People walked in terror of him - but not me - I saw through his veneer. One reason he didn't like me and we never got along. He's still alive, almost 90 years old now- and I still really do not know the man himself after all these years. I,m closer to my mom as she is a sweet woman who accepts my exiting the Witnesses.

Hang in there Punk, we are all survivors bro. I was born and raised in the WT filth as well and after exiting at age 44 almost 12 years ago I've washed myself clean of it. But it takes time to get over some of the stuff, Some of it we may never get over- but we just have to move ahead , play our music and live each day to the fullest like it's our last ! And make and treasure new friends who accept us for who we are as beautiful people. Take care, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Thank you Mr Flipper. As Jethro tull sang, Life's a long song.

It's hard to see the wood for the trees sometimes. Life experiences knock the stuffing out of us. Being raised in a cult damages the mind. I know my head is ferruked.

I am sorry you and your Dad don't quite get along. It's good that you get on with your Mum though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit