Today i miss my friends and feel negative. How did you overcome?

by Jon Preston 17 Replies latest jw friends

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Jon,
    The witnesses are not your enemies. The WTBTS is the enemy. I still feel a bit lonely now that I have faded and only attend meeting once in a while. I was very depressed when I first woke up to ttatt. I had a very difficult war going on inside my head since I had been a jw all my 60+ years. I had beena pioneer, elder, PO, etc. But the constantly changing dogma and especially the df'ing policy finally got to me. I've been faded for about 2 years now but it took a toll on me. I'm fine now and content in the knowledge that I'm not being controlled by a bunch of self deluded, egomaniacs. Hang in there and it will be worth the journey.

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

JP, it gets better in time. Hang in there!

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Go to the gym?

This is something that I did when I first left for good. I didn't necessarily make new friends, but it made me feel a whole lot better about myself. I also like the suggestion about doing volunteer work. Keep your mind busy on things that you enjoy, and the loneliness and negativity will subside over time.

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

Hi JP I hope you feel better!! Some days are tougher than others... Just hang in there!! And like it has been said... Things that are fun and do not cost much money are great ways to make new friends!!

• Jon Preston
    Jon Preston

Thanks everybody! Ive just felt stagnant...and im mostly thinking about my kids. Weve been trying to get things ready to move and to find some pleaces thatd be great for families and that hasnt been going all that well either. So its all just disorganized a bit! Im sure we will figure this out

• KateWild
    KateWild

I know it's lonely when you leave the cult, I feel that all the time since I left, but I am so glad I did. I would rather be without conditional friends, than have to deal with WT rules. Even if I went back I would still have to wait to get RI'd before I would get friends back. Too much water has gone under the bridge now.

My advice would be concentrate on being a good husband and father and focus on your family unit. We will have our ups and downs but we cannot let that shape our personality for the worse.

Kate xx

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hello again Jon

Through your children you will find new friendships

children socialize through activites they get involved in and that's where

you can become familiar wit the parents of other children

because that's where the common bond is

Again, I wish you well

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

JP... try a group at www.meetup.com... I tried it and I loved it!! Really!! =)

It's easy to find new friends that way!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit