US Official Predicts End Of World Power Status

by metatron 34 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

http://blogs.wsj.com/chinarealtime/2014/03/28/americans-must-adjust-to-a-world-dominated-by-china-feds-bullard-says/

An alliance could emerge that suddenly upsets the balance of power , making Anglo-America number 2. Already, the BRICS nations seem to be moving towards a loose alliance on many issues. Either way, things are moving in China's direction. Their leader made a public statement about not getting involved in other nations affairs as part of their foreign policy, in contrast with the current world power. This may become increasingly attractive as other nations resent being spied on and told what to do.

I am interested to see if the US loses its 'sanction' power in practical effect because other nations disagree and circumvent them. The BRICS nations already have two veto votes on the UN Security Council.

"Ours is the God of true prophecy/ what he foretells comes to be"

Not!

metatron

• sir82
    sir82

But that can't be!

I read in the Watchtower that we are living in the "toes of the image!"

"There will be no other world powers after the 'Anglo-American' world power!"

Doesn't anybody read their Watchtower? These guys don't have the GB's permission to start a new world power! Listen obey and be blessed!

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

I wish to be associated with the last speaker's remarks!

In conclusion, what about the USA/EU as the king of the south, versus the Sino/Russia power as king of the north?

My guess is as good as the "glorious ones'" stab in the dark!! :)

• designs
    designs

Met- you think China isn't involved in the affairs of other countries, you think China isn't spying on other countries .

• metatron
    metatron

The Chinese ( so far) have a different mindset than the US and I believe their dominance would be different in character.

First, I think they take the attitude that human rights are byproducts of economic development. Rotten economy? Then forget about rights by law.

There are some TED lectures on this subject and I think more countries are looking at it as a practical alternative to US development ideas. Lee Kuan Yew (Singapore) has been preaching these ideas for years and he seems vindicated.

All nations do some spying and there are no absolutes here. Still, there is a contrast between China and the heavy-handed way the US conducts its affairs.

It is astonishing to me to watch the ongoing contrast with the US constantly attemping some war somewhere and issuing sanctions while China quietly grows stronger and extends its influence across the globe. It's just so 'classical' as to the rise and fall of empires but the US seems helpless to change itself.

But then again, we are all familiar with an organization that can't change with the times or act reasonably......

metatron

• designs
    designs

3,000,000 Chinese army.

• metatron
  • designs
    designs

It took the US military a little over ten years to kill 3,000,000 Vietnamese.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

China, is a cash rich country, so in that sense they are an economic power. But in itself doesn't make it a great country. China is years away from being at the level of the US and other developed countries.

The article (or blog i should say) states: "Most likely, China will eventually match the U.S. in per capita income terms as well. With a population about four times as large as America’s, that would imply a massive shift in the global balance of power."

Most likely? pull out a chair for that one. China doesn't have a middle class like the US. Yes their workers are willing to work for pennies per hour to assemble tchotchkes that americans can afford to buy, but these people live in poverty. There isn't a social infrastructure set up, and their growth was so rapid that they have no standards or regulations to keep up with the growth. Their people live in poverty, while businessmen get richer, and they have no regards for their resources while they continue to pollute their environment with unregulated production.

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

Designs:

3,000,000 Chinese army.

Indian sources, in 2013, analysed a Chinese white paper on the organisation of the PLA.

"China now has about 850,000 army servicemen in 18 combined corps and additional independent combined operational divisions (brigades)," the paper said.

The combined corps, composed of divisions and brigades, are under seven military area commands in Shenyang, Beijing, Lanzhou, Jinan, Nanjing, Guangzhou and Chengdu.

"The combined corps, composed of divisions and brigades, are respectively under the seven military area commands: Shenyang (16th, 39th and 40th Combined Corps), Beijing (27th, 38th and 65th Combined Corps), Lanzhou (21st and 47th Combined Corps), Jinan (20th, 26th and 54th Combined Corps), Nanjing (1st, 12th and 31st Combined Corps), Guangzhou (41st and 42nd Combined Corps) and Chengdu (13th and 14th Combined Corps)," the paper said, revealing the identities of the divisions for the first time.

Interestingly, most the seven military command headquarters are located near urban areas.

Currently, the PLA Navy has a total strength of 235,000 officers and men, and commands three fleets -- the Beihai Fleet, the Donghai Fleet and the Nanhai Fleet.

"The PLA Air Force now has about 398,000 officers and men and an air command in each of the seven military area commands of Shenyang, Beijing, Lanzhou, Jinan, Nanjing, Guangzhou and Chengdu. In addition, it boasts one airborne corps," the white paper said.

The PLA Second Artillery Force, the country's core force for strategic deterrence, is composed of nuclear and conventional missile forces and operational support units, according to the paper.

"It is equipped with a series of "Dong Feng" ballistic missiles and "Chang Jian" cruise missiles.

It also has under its command missile bases, training bases, specialized support units, academies and research institutions," the paper said.

The paper said the PLA Navy was intensifying research and training on tasks in complex battlefield environments, highlighting the training of remote early warning, comprehensive control, open sea interception, long-range raid, anti-submarine warfare and vessel protection at distant sea," it says.

- See more at: http://www.hindustantimes.com/world-news/china-officially-reveals-the-size-of-its-army/article1-1045643.aspx#sthash.hD1iUkIq.dpuf

The above totals just under 1,500,000 plus an unstated number attached to missile forces.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit