The most watchtarded WT study yet....?!?!?

by DATA-DOG 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Stupidity. When your belief is that stupidity is the only major sin, sitting through such rubbish would be nonsense. Short of a technical miracle or reaching Godhood (something almost none of us are probably going to do), you are going to die. And yet, they keep proclaiming that the end is nigh--I remember being told that I would not have to deal with Christmas again. And that was back in the mid 1980s. The following Christmas came, and sure enough I was in. Then came the REJECT Astaroth Party 1989, and they said that we should enjoy the table because that would probably be the last time we see it. Again, 1990 came and that REJECT Astaroth Party with it. Then 1994, and they cheated and moved "a generation" (which they did at least 3 times since).

Anyone with an IQ higher than that of a AIDS virus should be able to figure out that they are going nowhere. They are wasting their time going in territories, proclaiming the end is nigh, and very few are responding. They view that as a sign that the end is at hand, when it is nothing more than a sign that the Internet is trashing many a call before it can progress. They live in poverty so they can have more time to pious-sneer, yet it does nothing. Seems their own stupidity is what is going to damn those people--especially those who refuse to as much as attempt to examine their beliefs.

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

I feel sorry for those who believed the lies and false promises of the Watchtower and paid for it with their lives, because of refusing blood or upholding some weird Watchtower belief.

Others were convinced to not marry or have children. In order to slave for the Watchtower, others were convinced to give up good jobs that could have given them better financially security in their old age, or put them in a position to help their kids or GK's. Others were convinced to turn down free college scholorships, or told they cannot go to college.

This cult is just plain messed up!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I think that subconsciously, they KNOW they will die.

It is more than subconscious, they actively know that they will die and that now their hope is of a ressurrection..- life after death, the same as the churches teach. The older ones of my acquaintance have no pension provision, bar the state basic pension. A classic situation is that of the ones who originally started a Pioneer part time business, went full time as the family came along and remained self employed, not expanding the firm because of "Kingdom interests". Now they are still working late into their sixties , even seventies because they cannot afford to retire.

Sad, isn't it ?

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Hey! I loved paragraph 6 in last Sunday's WT. (quote)---"Consider what you understand now that you did not know 30 or 40 years ago."

LOL! I think that we all know now that what we believed 30 or 40 years ago was a load of BS. But---thank you WTBTS for reminding us that the fantasy BS you taught 30 or 40 years ago is completely different than what you teach today. Thank you for reminding us that we are now much older and wiser and not nearly as gullible as we once were.

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

I remember the 1975 fanfare well. I graduated from high school in 1977. Several of my peers were taken out of school by their parents. To this day, I'm surprised my father didn't do that to me. I got to graduate, have had a career, and am about to retire from my career. When I attempt to talk about retiring to my mother, she does not want to discuss it. Some thing's rotten in Denmark and she can't deal with it, as an elderly woman. She wasn't supposed to get old, and I wasn't supposed to reach retirement age in "this old system of things."

She'll be back at the meeting Sunday to lap up more BS. I love her anyway, but I just don't get it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit