Special Local Needs From Branch This Week

by kneehighmiah 33 Replies latest jw friends

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Maybe the GB is running ahead of the chariott.

Rub a Dub

• fastJehu
    fastJehu

The rank & files have not offered enough rooms for the international delegates and missionaries who have no money for hotel rooms.

So maybe the publishers have to endure a 20 minute guilt trip about hospitality.

So brothers & sisters, let us read together:

(Romans 12:13)  Share with the holy ones according to their needs. Follow the course of hospitality.

(Hebrews 13:2) . . .Do not forget hospitality, for through it some, unknown to themselves, entertained angels. . .

• kneehighmiah
    kneehighmiah

I'm guessing it must be a regional thing. I live in the region that was scolded about the Detroit convention. Maybe we will be recieving a follow up tongue lashing. As I said before, the elders attended a special meeeting 2 weeks ago regarding the convention.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I guarantee you it will have something to do with money.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

RubaDub - "Maybe the GB is running ahead of the chariot."

Well, considering how well they drive it....

• kneehighmiah
    kneehighmiah

Apparently we will recieve a sales pitch video telling us to go to Detroit. And people keep trying to deny the org is dying. This is unprecedented. The GB is losing control and looks desperate.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

.................The WBT$ Welcomes You To The WBT$ JW Assembly In Detroit!

.............................................................Bring The Whole Family!..

.....................................................................................................................  photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

I did not attend the meeting last night so can't help

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

@ Ruby 456

They are doing this in all countries as I understand.

Something similar is being done in Oz, although we aren't aware

of outside involvement but the congregations involved have been

asked to put on a bit of a gig to show the international bros

what " Aussies are all about". Congs are being asked to host either 56

or 112 delegates for a day including fs, meals in bros homes culminating

in a congregation "get together".

The day will commence 1 pm and run till around 9 pm.

This has been handled separate to any local needs,,,, we still cop the 'do more' talks.

jtg

Edit ,,,what happened to the post about doing auditions etc in the UK////

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

Hi jonah

sorry I deleted part of my post as I did not realise that other countries were doing the same and that this was general news now(trying to keep a low profile here) and yes I realised that this would probably not be part of the local needs the thread is asking about. I only happened to find out because a friend of a friend of a friend auditioned.

I somehow think that there may be some independent funding going on otherwise why would Jehovah's witnesses go to the trouble?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit