Special Local Needs From Branch This Week

by kneehighmiah 33 Replies latest jw friends

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

"New Light"™: The Governing Body has overlapped Jehovah™ and Jesus and now rules over everything. We are already in Paradise™ but please continue to donate generously to WT as maintaining Paradise™ conditions is very expensive.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

....as previously mentioned, it'll be something that has financial implications for the paedophile protecting watchtower(R) corporation.

• blondie
    blondie

Local needs are open time every month right. It's up to the BOE to pick the topic and assign the brother handling it BUT at any time the WTS admin can usurp that time for more IMPORTANT things.

I can remember one was spent berating the congregation for always being late...and the elders were the biggest offenders.

Or the one where a black elder berated the lighter black bros/sis for shunning the darker ones. That was uncomfortable.

Or the one where the elder who had the part changed topics to CLIQUES, muttering "right I can't say that word."

• JW GoneBad
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice

Om my old BOE, if there wan't anything else to bully the congregation(tm) with then we hammered the 'ministry(tm)'.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Just a possibility - I heard a few days ago (from an impeccable & trusted confidante) that a congregation south of London had sold their KH with all the necessary approval and advice from the RBC and that the contracts finalising the deal were to be signed imminently!

Out of the blue however, the Elders in that KH received a letter from the Britain Branch telling them to cancel the sale and sign nothing, and that all congregations would be receiving a letter soon.

No hints as to what this forthcoming letter will contain, but since the sale of a KH involves filthy lucre, it's odds-on that the letter is concerned with money/real estate acquisition!

So whatever happened to "let your YES mean YES"?????? I thought an Englishman's word (or a Christian's) was his bond?

Lovely witness given to the expectant buyers!! Just tell them it was a 'new light' on the subject!

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

the Elders in that KH received a letter from the Britain Branch telling them to cancel the sale and sign nothing, and that all congregations would be receiving a letter soon

Perhaps Watchtower was issued a stay order on property sale

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Maybe local needs is on disaster preparedness. WT is over 100 years old and a part like this on local needs is well overdue!

WT may feel quilty over what happened recently in the Philippines' with the many JW deaths when the deadly hurricane hit.

WT is now saying 'don't wait on Jehovah, get yourselves and your loved ones personally prepared!'

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

The 'jungle drums' will be revealing all, after tomorrow night's meetings.

• pixel
    pixel

As far as I'm concern no special direction for Local needs this week from the WT.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit