"the world has never been worse" - not according to this website..

by disposable hero of hypocrisy 31 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Even back when I was still in, I got to a point where I realized that I simply could not maintain such a bleak outlook of the world around me; it just took too much freaking effort.

• sir82
    sir82

The best time of humanity was right before 1914. Around 1913 or 1912 if you will. According to WT/FDS/GB.

Unless you were black.

Or Asian.

Or African.

Or Native American.

Or a woman.

Or under the age of 12.

Or over the age of 60.

Or lived in poverty.

Otherwise, hell yeah, life was peachy!

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

You can use statistics to prove anything. Few people study statistics as a college course. Newspapers and magazine publish the results but few detail the methods.

• emeth
    emeth

the world has never been worse.... as a matter a fact if there is no God all of us are doomed

http://youtu.be/X72w1IIPd-s

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy

Interesting video Emeth, but to be fair thats only one element of life, climate change. The video i posted originally was more about social issues, quality of life, equality , oppression etc.

If there is a god then i have every confidence that he'll not let his creation destroy itself but i dont believe he'll destroy all humans that dont believe the ever changing doctrines of 8 men in brooklyn.

There are millions of good people working to make our planet a better healthier more equal place to live in. I wish the WT would acknowledge this instead of being so doomladen.

• Space Madness
    Space Madness

That whole article is BS. They are twisting facts and omitting important information. Heres a very misleading paragraph:

"721 million fewer people lived in extreme poverty ($1.25 a day) in 2010 than in 1981, according to a new World Bank study from October. That’s astounding — a decline from 40 to about 14 percent of the world’s population suffering from abject want. And poverty rates are declining in every national income bracket: even in low income countries, the percentage of people living in extreme poverty ($1.25 a day in 2005 dollars) a day gone down from 63 in 1981 to 44 in 2010."

Notice they do not adjust for inflation. The value of a dollar has declined significantly since 1981. The gap between rich and poor has gotten so wide that just 85 people have more wealth than 3.5 billion people. I seriously doubt had they adjusted for inflation that the number of people in extreme poverty would decrease. Articles like this are released every year as propaganda to make people think everything is fine while governments continue to get overthrown, private banks bankrupt countries, and governments spy on everyone. You can use statistics to prove anything.

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy

Interesting space madness, i clearly need my critical thinking skills honing!

• princecharmant
    princecharmant

Space Madness,

I could not have said it better!

pc

• kaik
    kaik

My grandparents lived almost through entire 20th century. They say the life after 1945 got easier, but they longed for the world that was long gone. I remember my granny mentioning switching from horse dragged tram to electric, the first time she sit in car, when they had el. power installed in the house. My grandparents said that life in the early 20th century was hard. They lost many children to banal diseases, from 14 possible uncles and aunts, only half made it to the adulthood. My parents are pushing 80 and they say the quality life is better today than they ever had, but they wish they had health and the strenght of the youth.

I wonder how many people would love to abandon present comfortable life and return to lifestyle before 1914. No internet, 16 hour workdays, no antibiotics, human rights, horrible living conditions without sanitation...

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

Heathens... they should read the Scriptures.

Say not, "Why were the former days better than these?" For it is not from wisdom that you ask this.

- Ecclesiastes 7:10

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit