If Someone Mocks Jehovah's Witnesses Does That Bother You?

by minimus 53 Replies latest jw friends

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

If Someone Mocks Jehovah's Witnesses Does That Bother You?

BTTT

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Answer .... to some extent for many people who became JWS did so for their own fallible and personal

reasons, some with wholesome intent some not so wholesome.

The mocking is somewhat understandable though from a secular perspective.

Shouldn't all people who are walking toward a church or religious center be also mocked ?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

jam - "...a hypocritical religion sets itself up for mockery, the masturbation video."

Makes me wonder if they're doing it for that reason on purpose, frankly.

Some people seem really drawn to "the underdog", after all.

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

Nope doesn't bother me at all. I suppose in truth it depends if by JW you mean the WT or individuals. I definitely don't have a problem with mocking the WT. Individual JWs I'd decide on merit(!)

Sometimes it feels like there's this unwritten rule that even if you leave you still have to show some respect. Almost as if they still make the rules and everyone has to follow them. Well I'm afraid that i don't play by their rules at all. They don't have a problem mocking other religions, denominations or individual believers. Assembly programmes are full of accounts poking fun at non-JWs.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Pubsinger - "Sometimes it feels like there's this unwritten rule that even if you leave you still have to show some respect. Almost as if they still make the rules and everyone has to follow them."

You can take the boy out of the Watchtower, but it's a lot harder to take the Watchtower out of the boy...

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

Mocking, makes them feel like they are a Martyr, being "persecuted" it increases

the "seige mentality" it increases their sense of superiority and self-aggrandizement,

it makes them more firmly entrenched in the "Us" and "Them", defend their right to

be as absurd as they wish. Include them, that is real torture and it confuses them.

• Syme
    Syme

It doesn't bother me when jws are mocked here, by other jws or ex-jws.

It doesn't bother me when an educated atheist such as Richard Dawkins mocks them, on the basis of reason and science.

But it does bother me when another delusional, equally ignorant Christian (or Muslim or whatever) mocks them, just because they happen to be born in this or that religion.

It does bother me when a religious hater mocks them and wishes to see them incarcerated, or even dead. If WTS deserves mocking, then how much more mocking do those hateful religious dogs deserve?

• minimus
    minimus

thanks for your responses. I guess you feel they get what's coming to them and I can understand that but I would rather be a little more discreet.....usually.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hey Min

Sadly Jehovah's Witnesses think

It ain't satisfyin' unless it hurts

kinky sex ? No. Persecution

And you can best believe, they'll make somethin outta nothin'

in order to claim it

• MissConfused
    MissConfused

I feel sorry for them. They are all nice people, leading lives like a Robot - preprogrammed!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit