If Someone Mocks Jehovah's Witnesses Does That Bother You?

by minimus 53 Replies latest jw friends

• emeth
    emeth

@punk i live in the Netherlands, overhere we speak dutch.

@CBG a bilingual household (dutch and german)

• emeth
    emeth

@punk i live in the Netherlands, overhere we speak dutch.

@CBG a bilingual household (dutch and german)

i forgot one. i also can read and understand (but not write) Afrikaans

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

Emeth, how similar is Afrikaans to Dutch?

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Wow Emeth, I am impressed. Now it the GB would just allow you to study Hebrew and Greek. Oh well...

DD

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I don't have a problem with a good-natured joke to present a point. Cruel mocking is counter-productive and feeds the persecution complex of dubs. I can understand how some would want to mock them. Their beliefs are based on past speculations of religious charlatans and the refusal to actually reason.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/278572/1/Global-Genocide-of-the-Disobedient

DD

• Frazzled UBM
    Frazzled UBM

emeth - Thanks for enlightening me on your linguistic abilities. I think I had made it clear that I did not see any connection between spelling and intelligence on the grounds that I myself commonly make spelling mistakes. The point of my comment was that 'those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones' - you are happy to dish it out by being judgemental and saying things or people are silly or lacking in intelligence so I wanted to see if you could take it or whether you take yourself and your beliefs too seriously and take offense easily. You answered my question. Fraz

• emeth
    emeth

@CBG Afrikaans is very similar (thats why i did not mention it in the first place) you need a few days to adapt.

• emeth
    emeth

@Frazzled i questioned the intelligence of WTWizard because of how he talks. It seems he loves to denigrate, belittle people with his words. That shows a lack of intelligence in my opinion.

Racists for example use the same tactic... i think racist are not very bright people either

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

They make themselves ridiculous, I don't need to help them.

• Frazzled UBM
    Frazzled UBM

emeth - I have seen you do the same but from the opposite viewpoint i.e. in defence of the organisation. WTWizard ridicules things that are open to ridicule - if you don't like it then ignore him - don't take it so personally. When, as a non-JW, I was first exposed to JW beliefs in detail my first reaction was 'how can anyone be stupid enough to believe this idiocy?' but after reading Steve Hassan and reading the experience of obviously intelligent people on this forum who were Witnesses I now understand that the methods the organisation uses to indoctrinate people, paticularly born-ins, means that belief in what the WBTS teaches is not an indicator of low intelligence although in some cases it is helped by insufficient education. So I revised my view. Hopefully you will revise your views and stop cherishing the GB and what it teaches. While most of my anger is directed at the GB, I do continue to get annoyed by self-righteous Witnesses who are only self-righteous by virtue of remaining ignorant about certain facts and closing their minds to important information. Cheers Fraz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit