Do The Writing Committee Believe?

by jw07 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

I can promise you everyone on the GB believes and all the high up folks in branch office believe...

They believe one thing...that they are God's Organisation...everything else doesn't matter...they don't do their research to prove it to themselves...

They are Captives to a Concept...that concept that they are God's Organisation.

Ray Franz spoke about in his books and Don Cameron wrote a book called Captives to a Concept...it explains perfectly that with beliving this one concept nothing else matters...its entrenched in their minds and they simply cannot see thier obvious wrongs/mistakes...or they ignore them because...in their minds...God is using them.

If you understand that point then you understand the all the stuff they write comes from the perspective that everyone on the GB 100% believes they are chosen by God...

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

They are Captives to a Concept...that concept that they are God's Organisation.

Yes that is a major delusion I think the majority are in there at headquarters, and so the ends justify the means in that they can lie about certain things in order to protect 'God's Organization' after all the bible shows that being cunning to protect God's people and so they think is okay even if dishonesty is used for that purpose.

Rahab the Harlot come to mind as Their publication titles it " Rahab listened to the news"(Good News bias used in the title I think).

where she hides Isrealite spys to save her own skin, and to hell with all her life long neighbors there at Jerico.
    http://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/wp20090801/rahab-listened/

What can we learn from what Rahab did?— Well, she not only listened to the news about things God was doing to protect his people but also helped them when she had the opportunity. Yes, Rahab chose to serve Jehovah with his people! Will you do the same?— We pray that you will.

• What is Truth?
    What is Truth?

They do know what they are doing as far as indoctrination tactics, I'll give them that point. I have seen some of there library, hundreds of secular books on psychology and whatever specific subject they work on.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Did Russell, with his girlfriend next to him, believe?

Did Rutherford with his girlfriend(s), booze and A List unchristian lifestyle, believe?

Did Knorr, who's father was just a general manager, rise higher than his Dad, to become the head of a world real estate and business conglomerate, believe?

These egotistical, little squirt, men wanted power and got it like TV evangelists. In any group there are innocent, gullible people, easily deceived, unsuspecting and unprepared when swindlers pounch on them, with smiles on their face and promises of "paradise" on their lips.

A good con-man has confidence in his voice and face and will fiercely defend his con .

Does the Writing Committee Believe?

Most definiately as he has servants clean his room, scrub his toilet, and cook his food and wash his clothes, everyday.

Adoration from those knowing they are on the Writing Committee, most probably feeds their ego also.

Disgusting.

LoisLane

• gingerbread
    gingerbread

Salesmen are some of the most gullible people I've ever encountered. Salesmen train other salesmen.

If they are good liers, they eventually believe their own stories.

ginger

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

We can't know what anyone else believes. I can't possibly understand why a lawyer or physician would be Witnesses. It happens. Maybe you rise higher b/c the pool is so small. My earlier post concerning the calculation involved makes me wonder. It is more than ethusiastic writing. I believe lawyers see every word. Just a hunch.

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

notsurewheretogo - I think you hit it right on the head- core concept-

the organisation - the core belief in some magical idea that the governing body

is the "sole channel" that is the killer doctrine, because on that premise, anything goes,

no logic required to explain anything.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

notsurewheretogo - "I can promise you everyone on the GB believes and all the high up folks in branch office believe... that they are God's Organisation."

Of course they do; they have to.

'Cause if the WTS isn't God's Organization, what is there to gain by affiliating yourself with it? What's the point of working your way up the heirarchy? What's the point of promoting it as a better religious path over any others?

For that matter, what justification is there even for its entire existence?

The very best liars are the ones who can lie to themselves, and afterward, believe the lie.

• Acluetofindtheuser
    Acluetofindtheuser

The writing department is probably just going through the motions. They believe what they're supposed to believe. Nothing new can be presented because any writer that deviates from the norm would be accused of “pushing ahead of Jehovah’s organization.” They are in a catch 22 situation.

If any big revelations are to come, it will be from someone on the outside. The Jewish religious leaders assumed the messiah would have come from high minded ones in Jerusalem. Instead, Jesus came from a poor unimportant family in Nazareth. God usually does the opposite to test the motive of the current leadership. If they are in it for power, prestige and popularity then they will hate the lowly prophet that pops up. This has happened before, it will happen again.

• MissConfused
    MissConfused

They do believe as they think Holy spirit facilitates the thing that they are doing. Extreme brainwashing & deeply illusioned. Even if there is God and He / Jesus tells them that JWs are big lie, they will choose to reject 'GOD' and believe GB / FDS. I feel too sorry for them! :'(

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit