Do The Writing Committee Believe?

by jw07 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jw07
    jw07

Does anyone personally know JWs serving on the Writing Committee?

What is their outlook regarding the END; are they still truly convinced?

Are they expressing doubts or seem demotivated?

• prologos
    prologos

The circles that these members ascociate with, do not dabble in 'END' speculation. they are firmly anchored in the here and now I believe.

Here,- in the Organsation, with their ascociates,- trying to continue the doctrinal spin=twist with a straight face

Here,- in the good that the 'world' has to offer.

I would be very surprised, if, by what I have seen, at least one of them is very excited about 'the end' or if asked about it, would respond in a meaningfull way. after all, there is no end for them, only a blink of an eye.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

"Believe" what ? that they are part of God's Organization ? that what they write is the truth ? that Holy Spirit guides them ?

Some of them may believe some of the above to some degree.

But the calculated way they use mis-quotes, half-truths and mind-control techniques shows that as a group there is ahuge percentage of unbelief amongst them.

• speargrass55
    speargrass55

They do not believe. Here is why. They know that they manufacture information. Rank and file witnesses on the other hand believe anything they see in publications is distilled from the burning bush.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

They believe they need money.

It must be quite a high for them to know that the rubbish they write will be believed by all brainwashed JWs without question.

Do they believe in God and all that? Perhaps some do but the twisted lies they spin for money and power tells another story.

• KateWild
    KateWild

I firmly believe there are ones on the writing commitee that know the watchtower tell lies, I think they make articles so obviously far fetched to wake up JWs, some of the printed material is just too obvious to be genuine indoctrination.

I am not buying it that all the WT writting commitee are fully in the organisation, some have woken up and are helping us all wake up. Thats my opinion anyway.

Kate xx

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Those who write the nonsense are the one who invented the new nonsense.

So, they are those who know its a cover up.

In the catholic church they say the cardinal and above them do not believe in God. JW's organization is the same.

Gorby

• nugget
    nugget

Writing committee, amend articles to reflect changes, see the original documents that they mine quotes from and pick things that fit doctrine. Have access to libraries of old light.

They know what they are doing.

• gingerbread
    gingerbread

They believe that God directs the GB (man behind the curtain) and the 'reinterpretations' that it renders as new light and new rules.

Remember that Barbara Anderson was part of this group and, according to her account, she suppressed her questionings and doubts for years. Only later, when she was able to get physically away from Bethel, could she confront these serious concerns head-on.

ginger

• metatron
    metatron

I can't speak for now. Many years ago, I conversed with Harry Peloyan and he was worried about Armageddon delayed because they had to preach to China.

It's quite a spectacle, isn't it? It's like the Red Queen in Alice in Wonderland who could believe a list of impossible things before breakfast. Somehow, they twist, misquote and deceive but still believe at the end of the day.

We don't even discuss examples of deliberate, conscious lies. Years ago, the Awake published lots of articles on depression because it was so widespread in the Organization. When this became an embarrassment, what did they do? Tell people that 'JW's are the happiest people on earth!". An obvious reactive lie.

metatron

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit