What do you believe in after "The Truth&qu...

by Atreyu 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• Satanus
    Satanus

freedom

Is it hanayana that is atheistic?

SS

• freedomhouse3
    freedomhouse3

Yes it is. This particular Buddhism teaches that ALL people have the potential for Buddhahood or Enlightenment. What is referred to as "gods" are functions of life that serve to protect us ( i.e. shelter, doctors, people that post on this site & etc ).

If you want to find out more about this you can check out sgi-usa.com or buddhajones.com which bills itself as nichiren buddhism with a grin. I think you'll get a kick out of the latter. It's fun and really funny.

• xyzzy
    xyzzy

I am an Objectivist and a Deist.

Want me to believe in something? Prove it's true or don't waste my time. Use facts and logic; no appeals to the unprovable. Fundie nonsense such as "the Bible says it, I believe it" will be mercilessly mocked and scorned. God created the heavens and the earth in accordance with the laws of reason and logic that he created. Therefore it stands to reason that he wouldn't create a religion that goes against his own creation. Oh, and don't EVEN bother telling me that your loving God allows bad things to happen to advance some mysto Big Plan. Stalin had a Big Plan, too - yet that doesn't justify his allowing millions of Soviet citizens to die just so that the USSR could be the world's biggest exporter of wheat.

One last thing for the fundies: Everything in this post is the word of God, and you need to send all your money to His Servant, Reverend Xyzzy. Don't believe that? You have no more reason to believe similar claims in the Bible than you do the claim I made in this post. Both that claim and the Bible's claims are equally fallacious.

Think for yourself.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit