What do you believe in after "The Truth&qu...

by Atreyu 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• Atreyu
    Atreyu

An invitation:

I would like to see a short description of your personal beliefs or religion today, after you lost faith in "The Truth", from anyone here that feels for it.

• imbue2
    imbue2

Hi Atreyu,

I'm not sure right now. I still believe there is a God. I still believe the Bible has some validity.

I don't believe in liturgies! They are a means in which men oppress men...especially women!

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I believe in the reality of the Force:
    the ultimate source of universal power,
    binding life to life throughout the infinite reaches of space.
    All that is, lives, moves and has being
    wholly within the sphere of the power of the Force.

Alone, I am insignificant, yet I encompass all potential.
    By talent and dedication I choose and am chosen
    to wield the Force for the good of all beings;
    to work for understanding and the brotherhood of the universe.

In partnership with the Force, and with my fellow Jedi,
    I will guide, defend and protect those who come to me,
    each according to his needs,
    allowing each to choose his path without interference.
    I will share my knowledge willingly and truthfully;
    reserving only such information as may confuse or mislead.
    I will deal compassionately with my fellow beings at all times.

The peace of all worlds is my charge;
    Justice and freedom under just laws shall be the rights of all beings.
    No threats or weakness shall turn me from my task.
    I freely give my powers that no being need live in fear or oppression.

This day I renew my pledge, and reaffirm my charge.
    I do willingly hold myself apart from those things
    which conflict with the duties I have taken as my own.
    For the rest of my life, however long or short,
    the Force will guide me;
    and I will answer to that higher power in the end.

- "The Jedi Creed" by D. Kirkland

• Atreyu
    Atreyu

I regret that I invited to this just when Star Wars II is realesed ...

• lv4fer
    lv4fer

I believe in God and his son Jesus Christ. I believe that you are saved by grace through your faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. Not by belonging to any certain organization. If you truly believe in Jesus, you will live your life according to bible principles this shows you have faith and this in and of itself is your works.

"The reward for conformity was that everyone liked you except yourself."

Rita Mae Brown

• Matty
    Matty

Faith in God is intertwined in faith in the bible and it's message. Jehovah's Witnesses believe in the absolute infallibility of the bible as the supreme word of God, right from Genesis to Revelation.

My study of the bible however has made me firmly believe that if there is a God, he wouldn't be writing such trash. Even Jeffrey Archer writes more believable stories. If he is not responsible for it, then how is he communicating to us here on Earth? He doesn't seem to be.

After a long wretched lifetime as a Jehovah's Witness, I must say at the moment that I do not believe in a loving God at all.

• Jacinta
    Jacinta

This is something I struggle with. In the Bible, there is mentioning of a 'church'. Paul was over the 'church'. So, is there a RIGHT church out there? I have a disbelief for any organized religion at this point because of what is happening within them. So, I have NO idea what to do. I just hope that reading the Bible and praying will lead me to the right path.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

If anyone should want to know, I can see the beauty and wonder of this natural world, and I firmly believe in a Creator. It does not seem logical that it came by chance.

I am fascinated by the Bible and I believe it to be inspired, although that belief comes more from my head than my heart. I do not think it necessary to believe it as literally as I once did

Other than that, the rest is up for discussion.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

After a thorough examination of the JWs, and then of the Bible, I no longer have any belief in either one. The concept of a god, or of our needing a 'savior' of any sort just doesn't make sense. So either there is no god, or if there is one, he or she is a total fuck-up.

What I DO believe in is that we are a miracle in a miraculous universe, and we had damned well better enjoy every minute of time we have here. I believe we have potentials barely touched upon, and we should do our best to live our lives in a way to reach for some of them. Everyday things happen around us that should fill our hearts with awe and wonder.

I believe that there is a huge amount of mystery surrounding us, and perhaps we can understand some of that. Religion is just believing in stories and myths to make us feel better, to take away some of our fear of the unknown by creating explanations out of whole-cloth that have nothing to do with reality.

Reality is enough for me, and the mystery is enough for me. I don't need a man or a religion or a holy book that pretends to give me all the answers. I prefer the questions. I don't need salvation. Salvation is not wasting a moment waiting for someone or something to come along and 'save' you.

"Everybody dies, but not everybody lives." In "Gone" by Kate McDonnell

S4

• mpatrick
    mpatrick

I don't believe that the Bible is any more inspired by God than the Watchtower. But, I do believe it holds valuable wisdom.

I don't believe God is some outward spirit that we look toward for answers. I believe that God dwells within all of us as individuals.

I believe in spirituality, not religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit