Just Saw StarWars Episode II

by Reborn2002 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

Only one word is sufficient to describe this film =

AMAZING.

It is not religious persecution for an informed person to expose publicly a certain religion as being false, thus allowing persons to see the difference between false religion and true religion.
    WT 11/15/1963 page 688 paragraph 3

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Hey man,

saw it in the city, or are you down under?

ashi

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

BTW, what about YODA?!?!?!

• LizardSnot
    LizardSnot

Kewl reborn...I'm going to see it Saturday!
    One of our local radio personalities said that it didnt get good reviews...I say screw the critics ;)

Lizard

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

"CRITICS! Weak with the Force are they!"
    - Grandmaster Flash Yoda

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

Saw it in the south Chicago suburbs, at a multiplex where one of my friends is one of the projectionists.

The "official" first showing is at midnight, but I got in about 7pm and watched it with him.

Regarding your reference to Yoda..... he is undoubtedly the baddest Force-wielder around.

Caution... spoilers ahead.

Count Dooku is played by Christopher Lee, and is a rogue Jedi who leaves the Jedi Order in disgust. He forms a seperatist movement called the Confederacy of Independent Systems, and is the leader of the political faction which clashes against the current Galactic Republic run by Supreme Chancellor Palpatine.

What most do not know is Count Dooku is also Darth Tyranus, the new Sith Lord apprenticed to Darth Sidious, who is Palpatine in disguise.
    Palpatine is arranging ALL of this.

Dooku was Qui Gon Jinn's (played by Liam Neeson in Episode I) former Master, and is EXTREMELY powerful with the Force. He fends off Obi Wan Kenobi like good old Obi Wan is a joke, then Anakin fights him with two sabers and shows a quick glance of his COMING power, at times even surprising Dooku, who is a seasoned veteran at the height of his skill.

Count Dooku chops off Anakin's arm at the elbow, and the change to part machine begins.

But the good part... ahh.. the good part... when Dooku gets ready to strike the death blow and kill Anakin..

YODA enters...

I am not going to say what all happens.. just know that even the crankiest old grump is in for a moment of joy watching this event take place.

As bad as Dooku is.. Yoda WIPES THE FRIGGIN FLOOR WITH Dooku.

OH MY GOD IVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS MOVIE ALL MY LIFE.

To see Yoda FIGHT.

Ep II... MUST SEE.

It is not religious persecution for an informed person to expose publicly a certain religion as being false, thus allowing persons to see the difference between false religion and true religion.
    WT 11/15/1963 page 688 paragraph 3

• mpatrick
    mpatrick

Just bought tickets for Saturdays show!

• spider
    spider

I just saw it too - I am not sure my review would be quite so glowing. Don't get me wrong - it was a hell of a lot better than the last one. You did not feel like you wanted to cringe at every line of dialogue. There was some good scenes - battle scences,chase scenes etc that were pretty enjoyable. There was also quite long periods that were slow, plodding and very little happened. These really dragged the whole movie down in my opinion. Don't you remember the days when star wars movies were all wise cracks and zippedy zip. Now it seems to get too bogged down in politics. Didn't they explain the prescence of jar jar binks by saying its just a movie for kids. I can't see kids getting on all of that stuff. To me there was way too little structure to this movie. there were scences kind of put together and it often lacked cohenerance and pace which led to a lack of involvement. Except of course for the good bits - and don't get me wrong there were some. To me it seemed like these new films are so concious of having to explain what led up to the old films that they forget to add much new magic. Acting was much better though - god I love Natalie Portman and old Anni was pretty believable too. Thankfully Jar Jar was barely in it but even a moment seems too long. The whole romance thing seemed to take too long but Natalie Portman was looking particularly lovely in those bits so I forgive it for that.
    The scenes when cgi mixed with live action sometimes looked a bit fake - I think Lucas likes to show off what he can do and it doesn't often work when it comes to the blend. Some lines used some very hard worn cliches and oh my god - the scene with yoda doing a light sabre fight has to be seen to be be believed - very funny.
    On the whole though - not a touch on the old movies but it was kind of fun at times and a big improvement on the last one.

• JPandelo
    JPandelo

intense movie, saw it at 12:01am here in nj and thank god they shut jar jar up.

Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in. - Michael Corleone in The Godfather III.

Love & best wishes to all who support Bill, Barbara, and my parents.

Best Regards,

Justin

• SYN
    SYN

Instead of Attack of the Clones, they should have called it "All GunGans die, repeatedly, starting with JarJarBlings"!

"If men were like their personal ads, they wouldn't need personal ads."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit