Translating JWFacts to Spanish... Update?

by ILoveTTATT 55 Replies latest jw friends

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

Hi everyone... I have left off this project because I am in charge of a large FB page of exJW's... but recently I ran into a situation where I desperately needed to have JWFacts' article on War translated...

I feel like I successfully helped someone to come to their senses... to see TTATT.

So I realized the urgent need to finish this project...

So... please... everyone... where are we with this???

• monis1
    monis1

ugh! i am half way through the UN article. i sort of put it on hold for awhile, but ill get on it next week again...

• monis1
    monis1

thats awesome that you helped someone wake up! Chévere!

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Thanks to everyone that has offered to get involved. I am ready to put together the site, and have registered VERDADTJ.COM, but need a few more finished articles to make it worthwhile.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Although I can't speak Spanish I'm so happy that this is ready to go. It would be interesting to see what effect this will have on the Spanish speaking community. Best of luck.

• Zoos
    Zoos

Perfect timing. I have been corresponding with a guy in Mexico who has been contacted by JWs. He's been picking my brain about the but our correspondence has been run through google translate and sometimes that doesn't do so well.

It will be nice to have a place to send him for more information.

• Fernando
    Fernando

I don't want to distract from the great work being done, but would love to learn more about the publisher statistics in the OP.

"there are more than 2 Spanish-speaking JW's for every one that speaks English"

Astounding!

I would never have guessed, but wish I was more informed.

Does anyone know the numbers?

English vs Spanish vs Total publishers?

Just glancing at the publisher stats isn't much help if one knows little about which countries speak Spanish.

Example: USA 1,219,931 publishers, Spain 110,940 publishers (2013).

Under Spanish Language in Wikipedia: "Approximately 414 million people speak Spanish as a native language, making it second only to Mandarin in terms of its number of native speakers worldwide."

And under the native Spanish speakers by country sub-heading: Mexico - 110,974,139, and USA - 38,325,155, and world - 437,451,369.

Under English Language in Wikipedia: " It is the third-most-common native language in the world, after Mandarin Chinese and Spanish." (1999 source).

What a surprise.

Anyone have the corresponding JW numbers/totals?

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

BTTT

Kuddos to those volunteers translating JWFacts to Spanish and to Paul Grundy for creating a balanced source of information for JWs.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• ILoveTTATT
  • ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

Hi Fernando, out of the 1.2M publishers in the US, it is safe to say that AT LEAST 1 in 3 are Spanish speakers. Just that makes 400K. Mexico = 600K, we have 1M. Add all the countries in Latin America, remove Brazil, and we have at least 2M Spanish-speaking JW's.

The English speakers are around 1M... I remember I did the numbers a while ago...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit