Translating JWFacts to Spanish... Update?

by ILoveTTATT 55 Replies latest jw friends

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Keep up the good work guys and remember your possibly saving lives, the JW's still expect people not to take blood and your work could save thousands of babies in the future.

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

I am doing a third article now (The "What's wrong with being a JW" is 80% done, wanted to change topics...)

https://sites.google.com/site/laverdadtj2/home/-deberia-estar-jehova-en-el-nuevo-testamento

How will you know my progress? When you can't understand what the article says... then that's in Spanish... jajajaja

That way if you want to keep tabs on my progress... now you can!!

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

BTW, anyone else wish to join up? The more the merrier! Articles are usually very long, so given a typical person's spare time, it may take months to translate even one article!! (I use up a lot of my spare time to translate... don't worry... I still have fun, and I actually enjoy this work!!)

• Bella15
    Bella15

I am fully bilingual - Spanish/English - good at translating. I would like to help.

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

Hi Bella15, I will send you a PM...

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

Hi everyone,

It would be nice if we had an update. Given that the articles are generally very long (they average 20-30 pages), I think it would be better if someone coordinates the translation work and we all work one page at a time, instead of one person being assigned one article, one person being assigned a page. I would have to split the remaining articles into pages and then have a spreadsheet of the pages and the articles and who wishes to work on what.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

BTTT

I wish I could translate from English to Spanish to help you. All I can do is offer you encouragement and praise for caring so much to help Spanish speaking JWs.

Have you asked Paul Grundy about advertising on JWfacts to recruit English to Spanish translators? If you could vete prospective translators and cordinate their work it might take less time. The main things are to have good quality control over the translations as well as greater transparency and accountability to differentiate JWfacts from the WTBTS. Something as simple as listing first names, last initials, and Province, Country of translators for different webpages could send a powerful message to readers.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

Hi Rob,

A girl I know in Spain just made me the admin for the largest (as far as I know) FB page in Spanish for exJW's. So I posed the question of who wanted to help. I have had quite a few responses!!

The translating definitely needs to be coordinated and it already is, except that, like Henry Ford, I think that splitting a job up will make it faster. People willingly will translate a page, but 40 pages is just a drag... I am a very fast translator, I do about 1.5 pages per hour. On typical spare time for most people, an article could take months to translate. If 10 people work on it, articles could be finished a lot faster!!

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

https://sites.google.com/site/laverdadtj2/home/-deberia-estar-jehova-en-el-nuevo-testamento

THIRD ARTICLE DONE!!

I am "on a roll" here!! hahahaha

I love the translation work... and I love the fact that as soon as the translation is finished, people can actually benefit from it...

I post it on a relatively large exJW page in Spanish.

ILoveTTATT

• juanvazquez88
    juanvazquez88

hello, i been out of here because of my work. im back. im traslating the "Cross or stake" article from jwfacts.

i hope to end the translation in this weekend.

Hay que dar a conocer la verdad en espeƱol!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit