I have made my decision

by Brother Mike 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• Brother Mike
    Brother Mike

I'm sure most of you have read bits and pieces of my story Throughout the last year being on this site. I've decided as a human being, and as an adult, I'm going to make the decision on whether to stay with the JW religion or leave it.

I of course have many doubts about the organization which has lead me to do research. When I researched (with the help of many of you sending direct messages) I found not only things that I would have never known unless I thought for myself instead of the letting the organization do it for me, I would have found out that they obviously have secrets in which goes against their principles that they teach. Also reading crises of conscience I read that they are not very pleasant and helpful, and don't treat everyone as equally as they say they do. Of course I could go on, and on about this.

Therefore it is with pleasure that I announce I am making plans on leaving the jw organization. In the next 2 years I will make sure I get settleed down on my own and then get up and leave the organization. I realize it will be difficult leaving a heartless jw family and jw friends, but I want to spend my life happy, and enjoying life without having strict hypocritical guidelines to follow.

thx for reading,

Brother Mike

• cofty
    cofty

Well done Mike. There is no easy solution to the situation but you have done the right thing. Do it your way and in your own time, you are already mentally free and that is the biggest step.

I wish you all the best in working out the practical steps to starting over.

Bill

• DJS
    DJS

Mike,

Excellent. Good luck to you!!! Life is a lot of fun. Live it.

• scarredforlife
    scarredforlife

Thanks for sharing. I agree with cofty. There is no easy solution. There is joy in being mentally free. I wish you the best. Keep us posted.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Mike,

Congrats, and welcome to the rest of your life!

Please keep us posted on your progress. Not only will those of us that have left find it good to read, but we obviously have many lurkers that could possibly benefit from your courageous example.

Oubliette

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

Congratulations, Mike! Although you will go through some difficult days, you will not be disappointed when you become free to live as you are intended. When Jesus said the Truth will set you free, he meant TTATT. HUGS!

• humbled
    humbled

Good for you--big change since your first posts!

You were really depressed at your discovery of the WT being not, well, TRUE.

Glad you are getting on with living.

maeve

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Good to hear, I wish you well on your journey out if the cult.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Two years should be enough time to prepare yourself for the possible heartless reactions of your immediate family. I wish you luck. As far as we can know, this is the only life we have. It’s short. Be happy. Be healthy. Be loving and be a little selfish from time to time. Good luck. I’m happy for you.

It took me 27 years in the cult to wake up and come out. I have never been happier being free from it. When you look back at this decision, I’m sure you will feel the same.

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

You are now free to love and respect the rest of humanity .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit