Anyone going to see the Noah flick?

by ctrwtf 25 Replies latest jw friends

• ctrwtf
    ctrwtf

Wifey says she wants to go to see the special effects. I suspect she wants to go to see Russell Crowe. If you want to see special effects watch Gravity. BTW, what's with the frog in Gravity? That's been bothering me for awhile now. But I digress.

Personally I have no desire to see Noah. It's not even funtasy to me. I have a real problem with furthering the notion that God would kill every living human after allowing wicked spirit creatures to come to earth and wreak havoc. The whole narrative stinks! Plus nevermind that it presents as factual something that NEVER HAPPENED!

The bible says to watch out for Satan because he presents himself as an "Angel of Light." Could it be that the god that JW's worship is really Satan? What other spirit creature could be so evil?

Anyway, not seein it!

• cult classic
    cult classic

I'm taking my Dad to see it. I don't believe the story, but I like Russell Crowe, so it shouldn't be too bad for me.

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

i don't like russel crowe and i haven't been to the cinema in quite a while, so no, not gonna see it. i've never been keen on seing biblical movies anyway. apart from the mel gibson jesus movie, which was pretty good.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

I like Russel Crowe. I will watch it if nothing else for the entertainment value. I like movies based on actual events.

• Spectre
    Spectre

When it shows up on TV I might watch it.

Yeah, not even a fun story.

• wearewatchingyouman
    wearewatchingyouman

I may or may not download it in a couple days, and give it a looksy... Should be cool on the projector and surround sound. It'll probably be lacking in the storyline and authenticity(whatever that means in this case), but the special effects should make up for it.

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

I don't know if you all are familiar with Aronofsky's work, but yeah it's one of his flicks plus a big FX budget. It takes quite a few liberties in telling the story. I can't wait to see it.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Looks like a possibly good flick. I would like to see it totally separate from any judgment about the truth of the story.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Its a blockbuster. Of course I'll see it.

What i really look forward to though, is fundamentalists scoffing at the lack of "accuracy" in the movie rendering the biblical account. Lol.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

It's probably going to be horrible. After I saw Robin Hood (I think it was robin hood but it had Russel Crowe), I didn't see Robin Hood at all, only Russel Crowe. If his acting has continued just as bad, then this movie won't be "Noah", it'll be russel crowe dressed like noah.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit