Pondering Noah account

by problemaddict 34 Replies latest jw friends

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

I see my wife being pulled into the org a little again, by some good people and kindness. She grew up a very happy JW, and to leave is very hard for her. but she has opened the pandoras box of her brain and can't shut it.

We were discussing blood a couple days ago. During that discussion something hit me.

So imagine this. A limited amount of animals supposedly enter the ark, and then through some kind of super-evolution create all of the variations we have today.

But RIGHT AFTER the ark landed, God told Noah that he could eat anything he wanted! With all of animalkind on one boat, if he decided to eat any animals, he was wiping out future species, even after they were put on the ark to repopulate the planet. How insane is that!

I just told her that maybe this is why there are no unicorns.

• TTATTelder
    TTATTelder

There are so many holes in that story it's mind-boggling it is believed by anybody.

Good point though.

I guess the logic went something like this:

"Since we have the only initial stock for all animals of the planet.... LET'S HAVE A BBQ!!!!!!!

• sir82
    sir82

With all of animalkind on one boat, if he decided to eat any animals, he was wiping out future species, even after they were put on the ark to repopulate the planet.

See there?

Now you now the real truth about what happened to the dinosaurs!

T-rex makes a mighty fine barbecue.

And while you can't eat a brontosaurus all at one go, you'll have a lifetime supply of jerky.

• Ultimate Axiom
    Ultimate Axiom

Ah, but what you guys are forgetting is that while Noah took two of each of the unclean animals into the ark, he took seven of each of the clean ones (Gen 7:2). So he could afford to eat one or two of each of the clean ones (especially the males), and still leave enough to repopulate the earth.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Koala bears are " chewers of the cud ", so they were not eaten. That's why they were able to form a Koala-chain from rock to rock, and make it to Australia. Also, Brontosaurus steaks are the best!!

DD

• prologos
    prologos

There were only select species with seven survivors, so Noah and his 7 fellow travellers had to stretch that food, with all the rotten stuff left over from the watery mess. That is why they lived so long, the less you eat, the longer you live.

Look at the clean-ups after the floods now.

• hoser
    hoser

And how did all the microbes survive that salty mess

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Yes, the additional clean animals would explain how they could eat some without wiping out any life, but its main purpose was to leave animals over for the sacrifice to God that Noah performed upon leaving the ark. The "clean animal + sacrifice" part of the account was written by a different hand than the hand that has the account including only two of each animal: http://contradictionsinthebible.com/the-flood-narratives/

• L3G
    L3G

Not that I'm defending any of this, but I can picture some JW apologist coming up with these sorts of explanations:

- Some animals go thru estrous real quickly, and the flood was long enough for some to already reproduce on the ark.

- Others came on the ark pregnant and had large litters, so plenty of meat.

- Noah and family could eat unclean meat since the forbidding of unclean meat to eat wasn't till Moses' day.

Need I go on? You know that to the faithful Witness the thinking of God's modern-day prophets, the FDS, trumps any other kind of thinking, esp. logic. Just think of FL_Panthers' recent mantra, the meetings/publications are "so encouraging...so encouraging." That's all many can conceive. Logic isn't considered. It's viewed as a threat.

sir82, love your "lifetime supply of jerky"!!

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant
    "Since we have the only initial stock for all animals of the planet.... LET'S HAVE A BBQ!!!!!!!

In fact...have a look in Genesis. What was the first thing old Noah did? He did bring on the fire...and God smelled the good smells from the grill..altar....:-D

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit