Finally free of JWs!

by Julia Orwell 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

We moved house and no active jw knows we live there. It's in another congregation territory too so when they finally come knocking, they won't know I'm a dirty apostate when I tell them to put me on the do not call list.

Problem is, the local discount supermarket across the highway is frequented by jws from my previous previous congregation!

But all in all, we've achieved so much since leaving jws just over a year ago. Like, freedom,possibility, and the house we just moved into we own. Most jws around here rent cuz "the end is so close" and buying a house is materialistic.

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

Congratulations!!!!

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Good for you Julia Orwell. Reopened Mind and me moved 1000 miles away to get away from the cult. In the 3 years we been here not one JW has knock on our door. But i still have to talk to my brother. Mostly about our mother. That is really the only contact I have. Enjoy your new freedom and remember freedom comes with lot's of hard work. Still Totally ADD

• clarity
  • blondie
    blondie

First, do active jws know your name, first and last. Do they have access to White Pages it could be an easy find. Do they know your phone number and e-mail? That would have to change. If people want to find you and know what to use online, you can be found. I do that every day on my job and I'm pretty good at it.

• humbled
    humbled

Your story from long time back til now has made me feel sort of ...happy. Lots of tough obstacles. I like thinking of you and your husband in your house, you home, Julia.

It is great to here your life is going over around and through the obstacles. Home.

You sound so happy. I'm glad for you and your husband--and Birds?

Maeve

w

thanks

• DJS
    DJS

Julia,

I am very happy for you. The longer you are out the more you will wonder what you ever saw in the Borg. And likely the happier and more fulfilled you will be. Good luck!!!

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Yay! And Maeve remembers I love birds!!! I had to sell or give away most of my birds but it's what we had to do to be able live in an affordable house. I don't have stable work yet after being made redundant in December 2012 and there are no jobs around!! Funnily enough though, since we left jws we can get by on way less money than when we were in. It's amazing how you can save when u don't have to buy meeting suits, pay for all that petrol, tolls, dry cleaning, lunches and all that jw crap.

• Tiktaalik
    Tiktaalik

Good for you (and hubby).

All the best.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Hi Julia,

I hope you settle in well and find a stable job soon. Congratulations, take care Kate xx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit