Finally free of JWs!

by Julia Orwell 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

You and hubby are an inspiration to us all. Good on you mate!

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Congrats on your new home, may you both be very happy there !

I think it is an opportunity for you to achieve a fade to a great degree, but really you have to be realistic, it can still come out as to who you are. I would do as you say, and simply ask to be on the DNC list, and give no reason. If you are called on after that simply say you are on the list and close the door.

Eventually, after you have been gone for a good while it will get to the point where no Elder will wish to chase up your case.

We are never really free if we are faders though, because we constantly have to take the WT and its evil ways in to account with every move we make, or do not make.

To DA/DF is to be really free, but that course is not the way for all of us.

Enjoy the freedom you do have !

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

All the best in your new home.

Remember to keep the toilet seat down, it's stops money flowing out of the house - according to Zen. I've been doing it for years and I'm still no better off!!

This move is a great new start. You can shun the witnesses in your local supermarket now!!

We are also looking to move with my hubs job. Still waiting to hear from his interview earlier this month.

It will be a new start for me, not having to deal with shunning in my local supermarket!! How petty and childish this cult is.

Keep enjoying your birdies. I love them too. They always sound so happy.

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

Congratulations Julia Orwell! Hope you find some peace of mind after escaping from the madness!!

• suavojr
    suavojr

Nice to hear Julia

Now try to forget about the crazy cult for a little bit and work on improving your life

• scarredforlife
    scarredforlife

I think you can become totally free. You must make new friends and build a whole new life. It will eventually be a distant memory and you can just hang on to what you have learned from it.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

Good for you, Julia! Having your life undisturbed by deluded WT members = Priceless!

Marina

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Ima organise a house warmin party soon. I was making a mental list of non jw friends to invite and I was surprised my list was actually quite long!

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Have a good one !

• Heaven
    Heaven

Julia, just wanted to say congratulations and good for you. Moving is not always easy and a lot of work. Setting up a new place takes some time as does getting used to it. After I graduated high school I moved away to go to College. I wanted it to be an effort for my parents to contact me. Having to call long distance limited the amount of times they could call. After I graduated College I got a job that was quite demanding. No extra time to be a JW.

blondie asked: First, do active jws know your name, first and last. Do they have access to White Pages it could be an easy find.

I don't know if this is available to you in the U.S. but in Canada, with Bell Canada, I pay to have my phone number "unpublished". This means my phone number and address are not published in any telephone directories. Even the Bell Canada Operator doesn't have access to it. It costs me $2 per month. I have given my phone number to one of my Dad's elders. They will not be able to correlate the phone number with my address. It doesn't matter now though. He's not living here anymore.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit