I NEVER Hear A JW Talk About Never Dying & Living Forever In Paradise Anymore!

by minimus 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

My older brother a elder since 1976 and is 71 now told me not to long ago that he and his wife are going to die in this system and will have to wait on god to bring them back to life. I was shock to hear him say that but I understand where he is coming from. Old age has a way of making you look at your mortality. Besides talking about how great the GB is much better than talking about Never dying or living forever. After all you are only thinking about yourself if they talk about never dying or living forever, much better to think about how great the GB is. It keeps your mind off the important things. LOL Still Totally ADD

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hello XstuckX

Keep us posted on this woman. If she's still around ten years from now

I'll add more fiber to my diet if I'm still around

• blondie
    blondie

The end of the 1914 generation doctrine undercut never dying.

*** ts chap. 18 pp. 165-166 Why Many Now Living Have Opportunity Never to Die ***

The Bible clearly pinpoints the generation alive in 1914 C.E. as the one that will yet witness the ushering in of Kingdom rule free from Satanic interference. Hence, many living today will have the opportunity never to die. They will survive the destruction of the present ungodly system and thereafter gradually be freed from sin and brought to human perfection. As sinless humans they will then be exempt from sin’s wages—death.—Romans 6:23.

*** w08 1/15 p. 25 par. 4 Counted Worthy to Be Guided to Fountains of Waters of Life ***

Moreover, since the growing great crowd of other sheep are viewed by God as righteous, they can hope to survive the destruction of this system of things at the great tribulation. (Jas. 2:23-26)

*** w88 6/15 p. 20 par. 17 Detest Utterly the World’s Disgraceful Course ***

Now that we are well along into the end of this system of things, those of the “other sheep” even have the special hope of living through “the great tribulation” and not dying at all.

*** w72 10/15 p. 637 Are You a Supporter of Divine Rulership? ***

You have prospects of living through the destruction of this present system of things into God’s new order, to live forever under Divine Rulership. The “mark” actually spares those having it from destruction, from being smashed by God’s angelic executioners during the “great tribulation.” (Matt. 24:21)

*** w94 6/1 p. 32 Attend the “Godly Fear” District Convention! ***

In the following discourse, “Saved Alive Through the Great Tribulation,” an explanation will be provided of Jesus’ marvelous promise regarding those who will never die at all.—John 11:26.

• L3G
    L3G

I don't associate much any more but at least some here must have noticed the same phenomenon I did when I was active. As certain old ones get near death, they begin to watch the news/world events very closely. I remember going over to this old brother's home for a visit just before he died. The guy had been very active, had pioneered, had children who were very active, etc. He had eschewed television and was always busy in Jah's service. Now, however, he was fairly glued to the TV, watching the news every day, stating how this or that world event was going to blow up into Armageddon. Today it would be like watching the Russia-Ukraine thing and being convinced that it would cause the GT to begin. I remember how when I left his home, I felt so sorry for the man. It was only the fact that he knew he was close to the grave that caused him to get so prophetic. His case was not unique. That's so sad, isn't it?

Sorry if this wandered a bit off topic. Ginger's comment about "desperate, aging pioneers" made me think of it. XstuckX's comment too.

• Borges
    Borges

When I spoke to my mother the last time (a year ago) she said, that she's expecting to die in "this system" and to wake up in paradise. And this after 60 years of "The end is just around the corner" (my dad was an tireless aramgeddon-is-coming-very-soon promoter). She sounded somewhat inbetween sad, disapointed and tired. I was about to tell her "You are right, you are going to die, but you won't wake up anywhere", but I didn't.

I'm very sure, a lot of the older ones don't expect the end coming in their lifetime anymore. Many of them feel to tired for the great tribulation and prefer to take the shortcut.

• suavojr
    suavojr

Funny how people who truly believe in Christ are not afraid of dying. Among the old timers within the JW's have to accept the fact that religion is a snare a racket. Someday if we live long enough will see everyone die, one by one and then is our turn.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Bumping for Guy Peirce.

... So I was wondering about their final moments of life. Did they cease believing that the END would come in their lifetime, a dangerous attitude according to the DC?? How sad to lose out on life by falling prey to Satanic propaganda and failing to endure to the end! To think that decades of faithful service could be wiped out as you realize that you the END will NOT come in your lifetime!! Imagine your final gasping breath as you realize that 1) You ARE going to die, and 2) You KNOW and therefore believe that the END will not come in your lifetime, and finally 3) You failed to endure to the END because you believed Satan!

Remember, if you don't believe that the END will come in your lifetime, you have been misled by Satanic propaganda.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/269008/1/The-END-did-NOT-come-in-their-lifetime-part-2-They-lied-to-the-end

A sweet old Sister recently passed away. That moved me to write part 1 of " The END did NOT come..." So here is the latest. Sister X goes to the hospital for her issues. The doctors say that nothing can be done. Of course the Elder and their wives go to "comfort" the family. I feel bad for them, all of them really. What can you do? There is no way to really alleviate the suffering of death, even if there is an afterlife.

So Sister X is in hospice care and her body is shutting down. She is in terrible pain. She keeps saying that she just wants to die, over and over. The doctors give her drugs to ease the pain. It's terrible, but I get it, she is tired and needs to rest. Anyway, I am told that someone, I am thinking an Elder or Elderette [because they were there] spoke to Sister X during one her conscious moments. What follows really saddened and infuriated me at the same time. To the best of my knowledge this is the general conversation that took place.

Sister X awakens from her drug induced state, she is frightened. She asks, " Where am I? What happened? Did I die? Am I in the paradise?" A comforter says, " Yes. You did. You are in paradise now." Slowly, Sister X realizes what is happening and where she is. Hysterically, she cries out, " No! I am not in the paradise! I have not died! I am dying!" Hours later, she was gone.

DD

• prologos
    prologos

The elephant in the room for long time jws is not the end, but the BEGINNING. because

as the older ones realize, that just as they have been had -- about the end,

likely they have been sold a load of "you know what" about the wonderful BEGINNING , new paradise start, the recreation, yes, possibly even the resurrection too.

sold at a very high price, their abandonned REAL life.

If they are wrong about the end why would they be right about the BEGINNING.

The end is guaranteed, the beginning is not at all.

• minimus
    minimus

Great comments!

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

When I surrendered my thinking to the borg, all the "good" witnesses drove old cars, wore clothes from Goodwill (and bragged about it), and lived in cheap housing. Quick build assignments were a sign of honor and everyone attended spring cleaning at the hall.

Things shifted when the elders started buying nice houses, new cars, vacation timeshares and retirement plans. They were also notably absent from preaching on holidays and one would "lead" the service group after the Sunday meeting by asking "does everyone have plans? Okay, let's pray (my group is waiting for me at the restaurant)."

I should have paid more attention to their actions instead of their words. I thought they were hypocrites, but now I realize they were just acting like the higher-ups in any for-profit corporation.

I cringe now remembering that I actually used the atm's at the assembly hall to fund the lifestyles of the wt men playing the big con on us.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit